CeeJayW
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
At A level I am definitely studying Maths, Further Maths, and Physics. I was going to take Chemistry because it compliments the others very well but I don't enjoy it as much as any of my other subjects- although I get 9s in it it stresses me out and I can't find any enjoyment in it. I think i would like to study science at University (something like engineering) but because I am not sure I think an essay subject would work. I have always enjoyed history and English lit and wondered which would go better with my current options, considering I really don't know what I'd study at Uni- maybe something like law or economics?
Option 1: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, English lit
Option 2: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, History

I am getting 9s in both subjects, and score at least 95% in every exam for both, so my attainment is not really a factor
Thanks
Mona123456
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CeeJayW)
At A level I am definitely studying Maths, Further Maths, and Physics. I was going to take Chemistry because it compliments the others very well but I don't enjoy it as much as any of my other subjects- although I get 9s in it it stresses me out and I can't find any enjoyment in it. I think i would like to study science at University (something like engineering) but because I am not sure I think an essay subject would work. I have always enjoyed history and English lit and wondered which would go better with my current options, considering I really don't know what I'd study at Uni- maybe something like law or economics?
Option 1: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, English lit
Option 2: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, History

I am getting 9s in both subjects, and score at least 95% in every exam for both, so my attainment is not really a factor
Thanks

Hi,

I think by doing Maths and Further Maths, you’re keeping your options option for engineering, law and economics. For law and economics though, having an essay subject would be helpful. If you enjoy it I’d say history is perhaps the more useful one considering the degrees you’re thinking of, but I have heard the history is pretty difficult and very content heavy at A Level, so make sure you’re fully interested in whatever modules your school offers for that. I don’t think it matters hugely if I’m honest, although taking law or economics A Level would undoubtedly help for the degree (especially if you’re planning to maybe go for Law or Economics at Unis like Oxbridge that interview). Nonetheless, Maths, Further Maths, History and Physics A Levels would stand you in very good stead for whichever degree you choose to do. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (223)
33.63%
No (440)
66.37%

Watched Threads