Meeting someone new during quarantine

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So there’s this guy that messaged me a few days ago who seems quite interested in me. I spoke to him for 3 days over snapchat but i feel like we both don’t really have much more we can say because i’ve never met him before. I wish i could just arrange to meet him because i know that once I am in real life i talk so differently and freely. I want to pop up to him again but i need a conversation starter that’s not too un natural if ygm. The whole reason why i think we don’t have much to say over text is because getting to know someone should be done vocally, well in my opinion anyways. Am i being old fashioned ?? I’m such an old soul in a 17 year old’s body😭 But yeah, I tried sending a voice note and he quickly went back to just sending normal messages.
God i hate texting aghhhh someone help!!
Spanx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
just meet him, what's the worst that could happen? Raped, killed, ending up in a makeshift hospital on a ventilator? Life's for living...
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
The sad reality is people are different in real life than they are over social media. He may be able to project a certain identity which isn't him at all, and that may become a problem for you, especially if you become invested in him and then later find out that he's the total opposite. I would proceed with caution. I don't think its fair on you or him to have a virtual relationship for the next couple of weeks, for it to only disappear once this virus is over.
MaggieMaggieMay
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe try to arrange a video call instead of meeting him? I dunno.
izzy1422
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So there’s this guy that messaged me a few days ago who seems quite interested in me. I spoke to him for 3 days over snapchat but i feel like we both don’t really have much more we can say because i’ve never met him before. I wish i could just arrange to meet him because i know that once I am in real life i talk so differently and freely. I want to pop up to him again but i need a conversation starter that’s not too un natural if ygm. The whole reason why i think we don’t have much to say over text is because getting to know someone should be done vocally, well in my opinion anyways. Am i being old fashioned ?? I’m such an old soul in a 17 year old’s body😭 But yeah, I tried sending a voice note and he quickly went back to just sending normal messages.
God i hate texting aghhhh someone help!!
FaceTime?
Noel's Knowledge
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
basically get into a convocation with him on text and then say "can I just call you instead, it's a lot easier than typing"

If he says yes then call and you can be your true self, if he says no then brush it off with a joke like, "you owe me a finger massage when quarantine is over"
Spanx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Noel's Knowledge)
basically get into a convocation with him on text and then say "can I just call you instead, it's a lot easier than typing"

If he says yes then call and you can be your true self, if he says no then brush it off with a joke like, "you owe me a finger massage when quarantine is over"
A finger? :eek:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (228)
33.78%
No (447)
66.22%

Watched Threads