Need help for book comparison for coursework

Watch
Javina_2606
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey! I am currently starting me coursework for English lit and I need to compare two books :
My school has picked a core text which is “the bloody chamber and other stories “ by Angela Carter.
We have an option to compare it to another book pit of the following:

Rebecca – Daphne Du Maurier
The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood
The Haunting of Hill House – Shirley Jackosn
Top Girls – Carol Churchill
The Yellow Wallpaper – Charlotte Gilmans Perkins

However I don’t know what to pick at all and I need to submit chosen book today 😭
theprettyrainbow
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think you could do Rebecca actually because my friend contrasted ‘The Bloody Chamber’ with it this year and focused on feminism and readings of the female characters in both books. You don’t necessarily have to do the same theme but Rebecca is not a bad book to do! Still, this all depends on the theme you want to explore
alana.t.ross
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Javina_2606)
Hey! I am currently starting me coursework for English lit and I need to compare two books :
My school has picked a core text which is “the bloody chamber and other stories “ by Angela Carter.
We have an option to compare it to another book pit of the following:

Rebecca – Daphne Du Maurier
The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood
The Haunting of Hill House – Shirley Jackosn
Top Girls – Carol Churchill
The Yellow Wallpaper – Charlotte Gilmans Perkins

However I don’t know what to pick at all and I need to submit chosen book today 😭
Hi! I do OCR I think, we were given TBC and The Picture of Dorian Gray to compare. Although because tbc is gothic I would maybe go with rebecca? The handmaids tale apparrently includes women being forced to have sex with men which could be a good comparison within the feminism spectrum?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (226)
33.78%
No (443)
66.22%

Watched Threads