i can’t do fitness!

Watch
aisha_2702
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i’m a very sporty person, i love sports and i play football very often however, i’m also so so weak. i tried doing sit-ups but i cant do a single one. i tried pushups i can’t do a single one. I can’t do a single bodyweight exercise and it’s so frustrating so i always quit very early. skinny fat is probably the best way to describe myself. what do i do if i can’t do any exercises? how do i try and put on muscle?
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aisha_2702)
i’m a very sporty person, i love sports and i play football very often however, i’m also so so weak. i tried doing sit-ups but i cant do a single one. i tried pushups i can’t do a single one. I can’t do a single bodyweight exercise and it’s so frustrating so i always quit very early. skinny fat is probably the best way to describe myself. what do i do if i can’t do any exercises? how do i try and put on muscle?
It's simple: you either do those exercises or an easier alternative, create a routine with it and stick to it. Over time you will gradually get stronger as you get used to it, then you will have to make it more difficult in order to get results. As of now, you simply lack core strength, so you just need some patience and stick to these routine for awhile. When I first started doing push ups in my early teens I couldn't do more than 10, then a month after doing them weekly (10 in the morning, 10 in afternoon 4x a week) I could do way above 30, then fast forward a year later I could do over 80 one sitting

Alternatives for push ups:

Wall Pushups: outstretch your arms, shoulder width at chest level and lean against a wall. Then for a slow motion of 2 let yourself go into the wall until your head gently touches it. Then hold for 1. Then push out for a count of two.

Inclined push ups:

Alternative for sit ups
leg lifts (lift straight legs to 90 degrees while keeping your lower back glued to the ground).

The plank:

So your routine could be something like this:

For Cardio
3 sets of burpees for 1min
OR
Skipping rope for around 10mins straight

For the actual workout:
3 sets of 10x push ups from above
3 sets of 10x sit ups alternative from above
3 sets of 10x squats
3 sets of 10x lunges

Now if this is too easy, change the quantity to the point that you feel very very tired at the end of the workout. Once you've build enough strength you can specifically attempt more difficult and challenging workout on YouTube that you would prefer.
Proxenus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
It's simple: you either do those exercises or an easier alternative, create a routine with it and stick to it. Over time you will gradually get stronger as you get used to it, then you will have to make it more difficult in order to get results. As of now, you simply lack core strength, so you just need some patience and stick to these routine for awhile. When I first started doing push ups in my early teens I couldn't do more than 10, then a month after doing them weekly (10 in the morning, 10 in afternoon 4x a week) I could do way above 30, then fast forward a year later I could do over 80 one sitting

Wall Pushups: outstretch your arms, shoulder width at chest level and lean against a wall. Then for a slow motion of 2 let yourself go into the wall until your head gently touches it. Then hold for 1. Then push out for a count of two.

Inclined push ups:

Alternative for sit ups
leg lifts (lift straight legs to 90 degrees while keeping your lower back glued to the ground).

The plank:

For Cardio
OR

For the actual workout:
3 sets of 10x squats
3 sets of 10x lunges

Now if this is too easy, change the quantity to the point that you feel very very tired at the end of the workout. Once you've build enough strength you can specifically attempt more difficult and challenging workout on YouTube that you would prefer.
my man kel you shouldnt be spending too much time on posts x)
aisha_2702
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by kkboyk)

Inclined push ups:

Alternative for sit ups

The plank:

For Cardio
OR

For the actual workout:
3 sets of 10x squats
3 sets of 10x lunges

that you very much man
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Proxenus)
my man kel you shouldnt be spending too much time on posts x)
Lool quarantine got me bored that I now came back to TSR
SophieD929
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
PE with Joe Wicks (livestreamed on his youtube channel at 9am.) will really help. But what will really build the strength is consistency. You don't have to do 500 Bruce lee quality squats on your first attempt, just aim for 5 sorta okay reps, that you can feel working. Press-ups are super hard anyway, but like kkboyk said, there are lots of variations. Try lots of different ones and see what works for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (305)
34.35%
No (583)
65.65%

Watched Threads