What does being 'too sensitive' mean?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hello >.< I didn't really know where to post this so excuse me if this isn't the right section!

Well, I'm already aware that I have a highly sensitive nature, both emotionally and physically. Thiw contributes to everything from an increased sensitivity to sound to self-doubt.

It was only a few months ago that my friends started telling me I'm too sensitive... I didn't know how to take it so I kinda had a minor breakdown and then I decided to use google for clues :')

Sometimes, I even feel like my best friends are using me... They all suddenly started holding my hand on purpose, and I usually shiver when someone holds my hand (it's just the over-sensitivity and it annoys me) and that's when they tell me you're too sensitive; they even started calling me cute at some point, but it wasn't like before when we took a picture and they went 'aw that's so cute'. They even asked me out to prom, like three of them (so like I thought it'll be fine since we'll go as a group of friends?). I think they're just being really friendly and I'm overreacting maybe, but I really want to know what they mean by that, and if you have any clues why they're behaving like they have started to, please help me >.<
Thank you for reading♥️
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Your friends are showing you how much they appreciate and care about you.
So that you do not feel lonely or neglected.
If you prefer being hugged to having your hand held, just let them know.
"Too sensitive" probably means that you take things very personally and can be prone to lots of self-doubt or low self esteem.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Your friends are showing you how much they appreciate and care about you.
So that you do not feel lonely or neglected.
If you prefer being hugged to having your hand held, just let them know.
"Too sensitive" probably means that you take things very personally and can be prone to lots of self-doubt or low self esteem.
Thank you so much, I will make sure if I feel uncomfortable to tell them! This really cleared my thoughts! Thank you 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (29)
60.42%
No (9)
18.75%
Not sure (10)
20.83%

Watched Threads