The Student Room Group
I'm really not into this kind of thing. You should just be yourself and no-one else/nothing else. I've not read this book, don't plan on reading it but i know some people who have - but they've only read it out of curiousity and not because they're intent on completely changing their ways, the ways they approach and behave around women etc...

I think calling it a 'game' from the off, is a bit of a mistake, or a bit pathetic.
Reply 2
I've read it too, and agree with you OP. It was funny because after I read it, I went to a club and heard some guy repeating one of the lines from the book to some girl! What a loser.
Reply 3
I thought it was quite convincing. It's basically just about inspiring confidence in yourself and basically tells you that no girl's out your league; you just have to have the confidence, charm and determination to pull them.

I'd suggest it to anyone who's **** with girls.
_MaLc_
I thought it was quite convincing. It's basically just about inspiring confidence in yourself and basically tells you that no girl's out your league; you just have to have the confidence, charm and determination to pull them.

I'd suggest it to anyone who's **** with girls.

Well i read it and realised that women are even more shallow than men.
This is so weird, I was just thinking about Neil Strauss (with justified cause - a friend of mine has lent a book to a mate and I reckon it's one of his).

I think it's manipulative but if it's used in the right way - ie. to inspire confidence in someone so that they can get rid of their nerves with women - then it's no real bad thing, it's barely even cheating in terms of starting a conversation.

Incidentally, why is it directed at men? Would the techniques in the book not work for women to chat up men?
Reply 6
lily_blue3
This is so weird, I was just thinking about Neil Strauss (with justified cause - a friend of mine has lent a book to a mate and I reckon it's one of his).

I think it's manipulative but if it's used in the right way - ie. to inspire confidence in someone so that they can get rid of their nerves with women - then it's no real bad thing, it's barely even cheating in terms of starting a conversation.

Incidentally, why is it directed at men? Would the techniques in the book not work for women to chat up men?

I think the argument is men are attracted to good looking women, women are attracted to confident and powerful men.

The whole pick up thing runs a huge range of people. At one end there are some real misogynists but at the other end there are normal guys just trying to get a girlfriend.

Incidentally David DeAngelo, one of the people that sells lots of pick up material also does stuff for women, under a pseudonym I can't remember it at the moment, but a lot of the material for women seems a little bit contradictory.

Latest

Trending

Trending