sweetiepie19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m embarrassed about starting again.

I’m 19 and a student nurse and from September to December everything was going so well I passed my first placement and I was just doing well overall..til it hit January and everything just went down hill. I couldn’t sleep, eat, concentrate, was feeling very demotivated, wasn’t happy with people in my class either. All my classmates knew was gossiping and you would think on a nursing course everyone would be very supportive of eachother and stuff. I was wrong 😔 I felt out of place... didn’t get the support I needed. I was running on empty fuel basically, problems with placement, occupational health telling me I’m not fit to practice because of my health and mental health, problems at home, problems with a boyfriend but we are no longer together, not doing so well in my exams, I just wasn’t happy with myself. I’ve has so many meetings with my tutor where she has seen a change in me and she was very supportive at times and told me she thinks it would be best for me to start again... I haven’t failed but she thinks I need a break I need to focus on me for a while and my health. I agreed to leave the course and start a fresh in September.. deep down it felt right because it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

I feel like looking at things now I should’ve taken a year out before doing this course because it’s intense and a lot!, jumping straight from sixth form to doing a course like this.. maybe some people can do it but I guess I couldn’t. I feel like I’ve been given an opportunity to do better this time but I’m embarrassed at the same time because of what everyone would think of me...it’s a lot🥴. I know I have to focus on me and I’m still young it’s not the end of my world but it’s long at the same time starting again but this is something I’ve always wanted to do. I guess I won’t be starting again I’ll be starting from experience.

Any advice.. I feel rubbish about this and I kind of do feel like a failure. I do feel like it’s better to start again because if I pushed through I would’ve dropped out 😞 but yeah.
username5224582
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sweetiepie19)

I’m 19 and a student nurse and from September to December everything was going so well I passed my first placement and I was just doing well overall..til it hit January and everything just went down hill. I couldn’t sleep, eat, concentrate, was feeling very demotivated, wasn’t happy with people in my class either. All my classmates knew was gossiping and you would think on a nursing course everyone would be very supportive of eachother and stuff. I was wrong 😔 I felt out of place... didn’t get the support I needed. I was running on empty fuel basically, problems with placement, occupational health telling me I’m not fit to practice because of my health and mental health, problems at home, problems with a boyfriend but we are no longer together, not doing so well in my exams, I just wasn’t happy with myself. I’ve has so many meetings with my tutor where she has seen a change in me and she was very supportive at times and told me she thinks it would be best for me to start again... I haven’t failed but she thinks I need a break I need to focus on me for a while and my health. I agreed to leave the course and start a fresh in September.. deep down it felt right because it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

I feel like looking at things now I should’ve taken a year out before doing this course because it’s intense and a lot!, jumping straight from sixth form to doing a course like this.. maybe some people can do it but I guess I couldn’t. I feel like I’ve been given an opportunity to do better this time but I’m embarrassed at the same time because of what everyone would think of me...it’s a lot🥴. I know I have to focus on me and I’m still young it’s not the end of my world but it’s long at the same time starting again but this is something I’ve always wanted to do. I guess I won’t be starting again I’ll be starting from experience.

Any advice.. I feel rubbish about this and I kind of do feel like a failure. I do feel like it’s better to start again because if I pushed through I would’ve dropped out 😞 but yeah.
Be more active!
DM me if you need help!
When working, do your best!
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sweetiepie19)

OMDS, i feel you soooo much. I am a first year nursing student as well and felt the same, my personal tutor encouraged me to continue etc. Obviously everyones circumstances are different so your personal tutor probably gave you the best info possible regarding your personal situation. I just want to tell you that you are not a failure, we all learn from our experiences which will help us down the line. Mental health problems are not a joke and they should be dealt with accordingly, even if it means taking a year out just to take a break from academic studies. Also, when this whole current situations end with this C19.....book a doctors appointment asap. One thing i learnt is to stop suffering in silence. I am here, if you need someone to talk to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (305)
34.35%
No (583)
65.65%

Watched Threads