https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/03/u...gbr/index.html

To the absurd:

https://twitter.com/catcontentonly/s...33572609114112

stereotypeasian
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
as a chinese person who was born and brought up in Scotland - I don't like it (racism)
Last edited by stereotypeasian; 6 days ago
Wōden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yep, nothing barbaric about this at all..... (Be warned, you may find it upsetting)

Spoiler:
Show
username5224582
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Stop racism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Toscana
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
who isnt barbaric? every single race is barbaric
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Wōden)
Yep, nothing barbaric about this at all..... (Be warned, you may find it upsetting)

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by covidbite)
Yeah it's not like we treat animals awful in factory farms in this country or anything ehhh?
Stop dodging, you know that's disturbing.....I've seen worse, videos of random oriental folk bashing dogs in the head to death. Others hanging them and viciously skinning them alive.....then not even euthanising......disgusting. can you imagine the smell, hygiene, and mentality of people who do that for a living....
fakeaffection
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Stop dodging, you know that's disturbing.....I've seen worse, videos of random oriental folk bashing dogs in the head to death. Others hanging them and viciously skinning them alive.....then not even euthanising......disgusting. can you imagine the smell, hygiene, and mentality of people who do that for a living....
Come on, you know everyone knows this but they have an extremely corrupt government who really don't care..
TCA2b
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
muh waaaaycism
Wōden
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Happens all the time in slaughterhouses. But you don't care about that as it's not happening to a 'precious' dog or cat.

That's what I can't stand about humans. They blatant hypocrisy when it comes to animal abuse. Cruelty towards animals is only evil if it's happening to animals you care about eh? Cruelty towards animals you find ugly or have contempt for doesn't matter and anyone who campaigns against cruelty against those animals is labelled an extremists by this pathetic hypocritical society.
Do they hurl live, fully conscious animals into cauldrons of boiling water in Western slaughterhouses? Do they burn the fur off of them with blow torches, again whilst alive and fully conscious? Do they do all of this and worse in markets openly, in front of thousands of people who look on with absolute indifference to the literal torture and obvious suffering of sentient beings?

I hate any cruelty to any animals, I'm certainly no supporter Western factory farming and I'd happily see it all banned in a heartbeat, but even the worst examples in the West don't come anywhere close to the outright barbarism they routinely dish out towards animals in China and other parts of the Far East. It's not just the cruelty either, as I said, the apathy and indifference a seemingly large portion of their population seem to have towards it all is equally disturbing.
Wōden
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Why do you only show pictures of dogs? They kill a few million dogs in china a year compared to billions of chicken, pigs, cows etc.

When people post picture of of cruelty towards animals in the east they always post a picture of dogs or cats. The want to stop cruelty towards those animals but who cares about the cruelty to other animals like chicken in this market ehhh?
Because dogs for some reason or other, do seem to recieve the brunt of the worst cruelty over there. I could indeed show plenty of pictures of other animals being brutally mistreated, but most would be too distressing for this website.

Like I say getting gassed and suffocating to death in a slaughterhouse in the west doesn't sound any better than getting boiled alive in some market in China. They both just sound as bad as each other.
They are objectively not, and if you are going to sit and try to claim otherwise, I'm not even going bother continuing this discussion with you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (91)
52.3%
No, they should still go ahead (34)
19.54%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (49)
28.16%

Watched Threads