Flyehigh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
The student finance account is not letting my mum support my application because she made two accounts on accident. Student finance is closed because of corona virus and I don't know when it will open again. Will it prevent me from getting the funding for uni?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Flyehigh)
The student finance account is not letting my mum support my application because she made two accounts on accident. Student finance is closed because of corona virus and I don't know when it will open again. Will it prevent me from getting the funding for uni?
Have you posted this here?
Maybe they can get one of them deleted.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910
username5224582
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yes.
Flyehigh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Have you posted this here?
Maybe they can get one of them deleted.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910
It said on their website they are off all social media and the phone line is also closed temporarily so I don't know what to do.
Flyehigh
Rep:
?
(Original post by BeautifulQueen)
Yes.
So I will not be able to get the funding for this year and have to wait till next year?
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
So I will not be able to get the funding for this year and have to wait till next year?
Im sure you will be able to sort it out, perhaps put this in the Ask student finance forum on TSR.

It will probably need someone to manually fix, so might have to wait a little bit as the UK is currently in mayhem
Flyehigh
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Im sure you will be able to sort it out, perhaps put this in the Ask student finance forum on TSR.

It will probably need someone to manually fix, so might have to wait a little bit as the UK is currently in mayhem
Yeah I just don't get why they've stopp

(Original post by BeautifulQueen)
Yes I'm afraid but you have the right to take this case to court
If you're not going to help bye.
Flyehigh
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)

Okay thankyou.
I just don't get why they have said they're not going to be helping on social media either. They've just completely cut contacts with students when they could easily do that from home.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Im sure those who can work from home are trying, but it could be data protection rules or something if the office is shut.
username5224582
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago

If you're not going to help bye.
No! you're getting the wrong idea! I'm trying to actually help
Flyehigh
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Im sure those who can work from home are trying, but it could be data protection rules or something if the office is shut.
Yeah that makes sense. I will post in the other forum and regularly check for any news on thir website. Thankyou.
ayb11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Student finance deadlines are not until June? right? And this corona situation, realistically, won't go on (hopefully) after April.
You have time, just wait it out. They might refuse it now, but as soon as the phone lines are up you can call them. You can also apply to SFE later.

For me, I applied but was denied cause I accidentally did it for the wrong years, again I called and they changed it, so its quite simple, you're not going to be the only one who made mistakes. Another wrong thing I did was send in the application for the FULL amount of maintenance loan after the deadline, they still accepted it and adjusted it for me. However, I had to say that I was sending it after on their website.

I think its just a matter of waiting it out. If you're applying for this 20/21 then I'm super sure applications close at June?
Also don't be so condescending, everyone's trying to help jheez
Joe1000000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Okay thankyou.
I just don't get why they have said they're not going to be helping on social media either. They've just completely cut contacts with students when they could easily do that from home.
Honestly though it's really not easy to shift everything to Work From Home. Whilst social media is on the easier side of things you still need the infrastructure to do it, at a time when the entire country is looking for latops. Phone lines are even harder, whilst definitely easier than it was 10 or so years ago with a bunch of new technologies it's not just a case of people forwarding their desk phones to their home mobiles. There's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes right now that's trying to get things back as close to normal as they can be.
Flyehigh
Rep:
?
(Original post by ayb11)
Student finance deadlines are not until June? right? And this corona situation, realistically, won't go on (hopefully) after April.
You have time, just wait it out. They might refuse it now, but as soon as the phone lines are up you can call them. You can also apply to SFE later.

For me, I applied but was denied cause I accidentally did it for the wrong years, again I called and they changed it, so its quite simple, you're not going to be the only one who made mistakes. Another wrong thing I did was send in the application for the FULL amount of maintenance loan after the deadline, they still accepted it and adjusted it for me. However, I had to say that I was sending it after on their website.

I think its just a matter of waiting it out. If you're applying for this 20/21 then I'm super sure applications close at June?
Also don't be so condescending, everyone's trying to help jheez
Thankyou so much for the help.
I wasn't trying to be condescending I thought the other use was trying to mock me by saying take it to court etc. It just looked very sarcastic.
I appreciate all the help given to me.
ayb11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Thankyou so much for the help.
I wasn't trying to be condescending I thought the other use was trying to mock me by saying take it to court etc. It just looked very sarcastic.
I appreciate all the help given to me.
No worries, dont stress at all cause I've been there and SFE can be so confusing
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 days ago
It said on their website they are off all social media and the phone line is also closed temporarily so I don't know what to do.
Just wait. You have plenty of time to sort it out.
Ignore you know who they seem odd and arent helping at all.

the soft deadline for sfe is not till mid may, am sure sfe will be back before then.
Joe1000000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago

the soft deadline for sfe is not till mid may, am sure sfe will be back before then.
And if by mid May they're not then either something else will be put in place to deal with it, or we'll all be in such a state that going to uni won't be an option for anyone.
Flyehigh
Rep:
?

Thankyou so much. Always very helpful. I appreciate it ☺️
Flyehigh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joe1000000)
And if by mid May they're not then either something else will be put in place to deal with it, or we'll all be in such a state that going to uni won't be an option for anyone.
Okay thankyou.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (65)
48.51%
No, they should still go ahead (29)
21.64%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (40)
29.85%

Watched Threads