The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh uni accomodation

Hey guys! So I will be soon applying for accommodation (Edinburgh University) and I would love to hear some opinions about it. Like what are the most sociable ones? Practical? I was thinking about the self-catered options as it would give me more independence but we'll see. Annndd for fellow offer holders, it would be great to know where everybody else applied :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Avoid pollock hahahahaha
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
What’s your background?
Reply 3
Original post by Aabb123
Avoid pollock hahahahaha

Hahahah ok why?
Reply 4
Original post by Aabb123
What’s your background?

What do you mean?
Reply 5
Like are are you English/Scottish?
Reply 6
Watch Pollock TV on Facebook and you’ll see. You might like it, know loads of people that went there and transferred after a few weeks. a lot of posh London wanks kicking about, if that’s what your after
Reply 7
Original post by Aabb123
Like are are you English/Scottish?

Ohh yeah no I'm Polish :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Aabb123
Watch Pollock TV on Facebook and you’ll see. You might like it, know loads of people that went there and transferred after a few weeks. a lot of posh London wanks kicking about, if that’s what your after

Ah ok haha I see, where did you go?
Reply 9
Watch the video and see. You might like it, if that’s what your into
I’m about to apply for accommodation like you, but know a lot of people at the uni so have heard a lot about the accommodation
Reply 11
Original post by Aabb123
I’m about to apply for accommodation like you, but know a lot of people at the uni so have heard a lot about the accommodation

Oh greatt, what are you gonna study?
Law, what about you?
Do you live in Poland?
Reply 14
Original post by Aabb123
Law, what about you?

Sounds nice, I'll study Chemical physics and no, I live in Belgium actually (but I was born in Poland). Kind of complicated haha
You’ll love Edinburgh, Scotland is lovely. I wouldn’t worry too much about halls, either way you’ll probably meet people who you’ll get on with.
It’s really welcoming to foreigners
I have been told by everyone to avoid Pollock halls too and I definitely recommend watching PollockTV on Facebook it's pretty funny! Following some of the advice I have received, the places I would like to apply are Kincaids and Darroch Court- so very central accommodation. I am from London and have a conditional offer to study Geography and Economics!
Ive changed my application from deferred to starting 2020/21 and was also wondering what halls to apply to. Ive heard Pollock is the most sociable and outside of that theres not much else for undergrads. Was thinking of applying to Holland House, anyone know if its decent?
Completely disagree with the 'avoid pollock' stance, theres over 2000 students at pollock, and granted the more expensive buildings were filled with 'posher' people, but my experience in turner house was nothing like that, and pollock was definitely the most sociable in my experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending