The Student Room Group

Speech Language Therapy @ University of Limerick 2020

I know the Republic of Ireland is not a part of the UK, but I thought I would put my question here as not a lot of forums I've been able to find mention the University of Limerick.

I am a Canadian citizen living in Canada, and I just got accepted into the Masters of Speech Language Therapy @ UL. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with that program, or the campus in general, especially accommodation. Or even moving to Ireland. I have not accepted yet, especially with the COVID-19 situation and travel bans.

Thank you!
Reply 1
Hey, I'm not able to offer much insight but wanted to post to say I'm in the same situation; Canadian, accepted to the program, unable to find much info about it. Especially uncertain how the travel restrictions will affect international students. Hopefully things become clearer!
Reply 2
Hey! Congrats on being accepted too! Maybe if this whole thing clears up we'll see each other there. I've looked up people on LinkedIn who have graduated, and have been able to get a feel for their practice education component a bit. It seems like they go around Ireland for it.

Edit: also they have the campus connect app with your acceptance email, there is a group for SLT!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Oh that's smart, I didn't think to look at LinkedIn! I wonder if you get to choose what area you're placed in for the clinical components. I haven't checked out the app yet, is there useful stuff on there?
Reply 4
Original post by Mayonegg
Oh that's smart, I didn't think to look at LinkedIn! I wonder if you get to choose what area you're placed in for the clinical components. I haven't checked out the app yet, is there useful stuff on there?

There is a lot information on it, you might find it helpful.

Latest