meme12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am trying to find an interesting postgraduate Mathematics project topic, not difficult too, it supposes to be only project proposal for now around 3000 words, I searched the internet these are some topics which interest me but are they good enough? The history of Mathematics, Algebra, Greek maths theory and inventions, maths in time

Thanks
username5224582
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by meme12)
I am trying to find an interesting postgraduate Mathematics project topic, not difficult too, it supposes to be only project proposal for now around 3000 words, I searched the internet these are some topics which interest me but are they good enough? The history of Mathematics, Algebra, Greek maths theory and inventions, maths in time

Thanks
Well they're good enough to make you a professor!
cyberviral
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
do you like statistics and probability ? if yes try to use the COVID19 outbreak data and do some variance math to come up with future predictions. This will be really interesting as its current affairs now. Let me know if you need any support
meme12
Rep:
?
(Original post by cyberviral)
do you like statistics and probability ? if yes try to use the COVID19 outbreak data and do some variance math to come up with future predictions. This will be really interesting as its current affairs now. Let me know if you need any support
This is a good idea, I don't really like statistics I am more algebra calculus person, but thanks I can definitely think about that
meme12
Rep:
?
(Original post by BeautifulQueen)
Well they're good enough to make you a professor!
Haha you think
username5224582
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Haha you think
Yes!
You can also become famous if you're also good at physics.
meme12
Rep:
?
This is a good idea, I don't really like statistics I am more algebra calculus person, but thanks I can definitely think about that
the relationship between age/underlying condition and getting the virus
cyberviral
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
the relationship between age/underlying condition and getting the virus
yes. that is a wonderful metrics. But do you have the real data ? where are you going to get the data. if you do not have the data, then make up something and see if you can come up with some prediction method.
meme12
Rep:
?
(Original post by cyberviral)
yes. that is a wonderful metrics. But do you have the real data ? where are you going to get the data. if you do not have the data, then make up something and see if you can come up with some prediction method.
The data online but it's rapidly changing
cyberviral
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Where is the raw data. please share the link.

This is what I am using for my modal.
https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...onavirus-cases
meme12
Rep:
?
are you doing a project ?
cyberviral
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nothing academic. I am an entrepreneur trying to come up with something new. So far all dead ends.
meme12
Rep:
?
Cool, good luck with that. keep me updated if you don't mind
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (283)
33.93%
No (551)
66.07%

Watched Threads