sirhazthe1s
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Im currently studying a Lv3 BTEC in Engineering and Im predicted a DMM

I have gotton a Offer from Portsmouth To Study Law with Business

My Plan is to do this Degree then do a 1 Year Masters at a Top5 University in Law

I also can program pretty well so i can fall back on this if this goes bad

i also have another offer from angila ruskin for computer science with foundation

Is my Plan smart to secure a Training Contract or am i being a total ...yeah you know lol
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sirhazthe1s)

My Plan is to do this Degree then do a 1 Year Masters at a Top5 University in Law

i also have another offer from angila ruskin for computer science with foundation

Is my Plan smart to secure a Training Contract or am i being a total ...yeah you know lol
All depends how well you perform.
I would be picking a better Law school than Plymouth.
Whether you get into a top 5 depends on your final degree, might be more of a push than if you chose one higher up the food chain.
Also LLMs are less popular.
You get a gift year so you could give it a try for a year resit or do an access.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sirhazthe1s)

Hi,

Congratulations on your offer to study at Portsmouth. I understand this time is quite confusing as you're making such critical decisions for your future. I'd advise that if you are 100% set on doing a Masters at a top 5 University, then you should do some research into what the entry grades for this are and also what the acceptance rates are. I agree with the user that replied to your message above that it really does depend on your final grade, so as long as you believe in yourself that you can achieve the grade that you are required to, to attend your chosen University for your Masters, then you should be okay As much as it is really important to plan and think ahead, don't forget to also put this much thought into what course and University ultimately feels right for you for your undergraduate degree.

If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask!

Erin - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (271)
15.52%
Uncertainty around my education (274)
15.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
9.97%
Isolating with family (123)
7.04%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (78)
4.47%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (146)
8.36%
Loneliness (173)
9.91%
Financial worries (69)
3.95%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (159)
9.11%
Exposure to negative news/social media (124)
7.1%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (155)
8.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed