Emillybob
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m thinking of taking a chemistry A level as a GCSE student, could I have an insight of the subject please
Exdoz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Emillybob)
I’m thinking of taking a chemistry A level as a GCSE student, could I have an insight of the subject please
I have just completed the AQA spec. What kind of insight do you want? I would be happy to help
username5224582
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Pigster and Deggs_14 any advice for the OP?
Snecatigil
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Easyy defo do it
Emillybob
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Exdoz)
I have just completed the AQA spec. What kind of insight do you want? I would be happy to help
Difficulty, and also what lessons do you think would go well with it
Exdoz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Difficulty, and also what lessons do you think would go well with it
It really is a unique subject- so you can't expect to take Biology with it to help make it easier for yourself.
In terms of difficulty it is very subjective. When it comes to A-level Chemistry everyone finds different topics hard whereas for a subject like Biology, everyone tends to find the same thing hard because the revision techniques for most topics in Bio are the same, but not for Chemistry. But if you are a visual learner and can visualise diagrams and etc, then you would be great at 1/3 of the course. If you are good at memorisation and understanding of AO1 then you would be a further 50% greater at the course- so in total around 85%. The other 15% just comes with exam practice. Hope this helps.

Also all A-level subjects are difficult. When choosing A-level subjects don't cut it down to "whichever is the least difficult subject I will choose that". Instead pick what you love and look forward to revising. 2 years is a long time to just regret what you picked in the end.
Last edited by Exdoz; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (93)
26.96%
No (252)
73.04%

Watched Threads