My mum isn’t letting me work anywhere

Watch
MohamedAdan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hello,

I am 21, live with my mum and brother who is autistic and Yh just trying to get a job that doesn’t require working from home. So Yh, my mum isn’t letting me work because she worries that I would get symptoms for it and I said it many times to her that my history with job applications had been bad but she was like no no no you don’t apply for anything then she won’t accept my reasoning and understand what I am saying. Explain to me why is that, and if I can’t see anything from he even from Covid-19 outbreak?
Joel746
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by MohamedAdan)
Hello,

I am 21, live with my mum and brother who is autistic and Yh just trying to get a job that doesn’t require working from home. So Yh, my mum isn’t letting me work because she worries that I would get symptoms for it and I said it many times to her that my history with job applications had been bad but she was like no no no you don’t apply for anything then she won’t accept my reasoning and understand what I am saying. Explain to me why is that, and if I can’t see anything from he even from Covid-19 outbreak?
Hi
Honestly you should listen to your mum. She clearly isn’t happy with you working whilst Coronavirus is around, and you should respect her wishes whilst ever you live in her house. It’s clear that she is doing this to protect you and your brother, who may be at an increased risk due to the autism (I’m not certain on this btw).
If you desperately want work experience then at least wait for a few months. The virus is said to hit its peak in the next few weeks so you will be at a much higher risk of catching it.
Follow the Government’s advice, they know what they are doing. Stay home and stay safe
username5224582
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Joel746)
Hi
Honestly you should listen to your mum. She clearly isn’t happy with you working whilst Coronavirus is around, and you should respect her wishes whilst ever you live in her house. It’s clear that she is doing this to protect you and your brother, who may be at an increased risk due to the autism (I’m not certain on this btw).
If you desperately want work experience then at least wait for a few months. The virus is said to hit its peak in the next few weeks so you will be at a much higher risk of catching it.
Follow the Government’s advice, they know what they are doing. Stay home and stay safe
I agree.
MohamedAdan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Joel746)
Hi
Well I am going to uni in September, so I would be really confused about the timings and commitments anyways for now.
Joel746
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by MohamedAdan)
Well I am going to uni in September, so I would be really confused about the timings and commitments anyways for now.
If you’re wanting experience before you go to uni then you don’t really need to be worried. Everyone else is dealing with this too and no one is getting any work experience at the moment. You’re not at any disadvantage so there is no need to be concerned, university’s will understand.
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hopefully the restrictions won’t last for too long. Just try to settle yourself until this is over.
Joel746
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by YaliaV)
Hopefully the restrictions won’t last for too long. Just try to settle yourself until this is over.
Adding to this, I think the Government are reviewing the situation in a few weeks time? If they remove the lockdown (which is unlikely) and you still want work experience then maybe ask your mum again?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads