Would you be bothered by your partner liking people's pics?

Watch
plbomve
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Intrigued because I see some people doing odd things on instagram. In these scenarios I've used a heterosexual relationship but do what suits your situation.

1) If your partner follows...
2) If your partner watches stories from...
3) If your partner likes photos of...

a) good friends of the opposite sex
b) old friends/acquaintances/colleagues etc. (opposite sex)
c) friends'/siblings' partners or ex partners
d) their exes (or former flings/people they have history with)
e) people they don't know but live in their area
f) minor celebrities/influencers/models/people who have a bit of a following but will probably never meet
g) big celebrities

Does it only matter if they are attractive?

E.g
I follow abcdfg
I watch stories from fg
I like pics of afg

I get bothered when my partner
1d
2cd
3bcdef

That kind of thing. Be honest.

Btw when I say bothered I don't necessarily mean say anything to your partner and get annoyed, I just mean would make you feel some type of way
Last edited by plbomve; 5 days ago
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Exes might raise an eyebrow (context dependent) but I am otherwise unconcerned
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm not really fussed either way, with any of them. :dontknow:
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If I thought they were doing it just because they thought the other person was hot then yes I would have a problem with them doing it. And before anyone asks, no, I wouldn't dream of liking pictures of girls just because I find them hot if I had a girlfriend.
plbomve
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
If I thought they were doing it just because they thought the other person was hot then yes I would have a problem with them doing it. And before anyone asks, no, I wouldn't dream of liking pictures of girls just because I find them hot if I had a girlfriend.
I think I'm the same
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by plbomve)
I think I'm the same
Then you are in good company.
Appirition
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
I'm not really fussed either way, with any of them. :dontknow:
Neither would I be, in any of those situations and combinations.
plbomve
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Appirition)
Neither would I be, in any of those situations and combinations.
Lucky, I wish I could be the same
Appirition
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by plbomve)
Lucky, I wish I could be the same
You can be the same.
Being jealous is neither healthy or helpful to anyone, including yourself.
Be self confident.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
No I don't care about liking celebs or semi-famous people. She can ''crush'' on them and I wouldn't care. Real life is very different from what you see on YT and films.

I'd be more bothered if he was someone she knows irl but still I wouldn't really notice unless she was nonstop liking stuff he posted. But even then, if we're great, I'd have no reason to question her. I can tell when someone is unhappy with me and would likely want to dump me/cheat/w/e. It has happened in the past, I just wanted to ignore it and pretend everything's great.
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
No it's not a problem for me.
chloetaylor2002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I get kinda annoyed or on edge as he is following lots of girls who he said he used to speak to and one of the girls he follows is a girl who I don't like that went to my school. I told him how I felt about it and didn't change anything. that get me kinda on edge but I trust him. its only when he says that he liked someone who he used to talk to or have something with.

my opinion, speak to him about it and tell him how you feel
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
The only way this would ever bother me is if it was one particular ex, as she tried her absolute best to cause trouble and split us up. I told him that - for my own sanity - if he started speaking to her again I'd have to leave him. That wasn't a threat, just that I don't have the energy to deal with her stupid games. So she's blocked on everything. But he does speak to some of his exes and so do I.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I don't pay much attention to what my boyfriend does on social media. And what I do see him post I often don't understand. :lol:
Appirition
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
The only way this would ever bother me is if it was one particular ex, as she tried her absolute best to cause trouble and split us up. I told him that - for my own sanity - if he started speaking to her again I'd have to leave him. That wasn't a threat, just that I don't have the energy to deal with her stupid games. So she's blocked on everything. But he does speak to some of his exes and so do I.
That seems very reasonable to me.
Unfortunately there are bitter, selfish and jealous people who are intent on hurting others. Such negative and harmful people should definitely be either blocked or ignored completely.
Anyone else doesn't matter because they don't pose a threat to your relationship.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Appirition)
That seems very reasonable to me.
Unfortunately there are bitter, selfish and jealous people who are intent on hurting others. Such negative and harmful people should definitely be either blocked or ignored completely.
Anyone else doesn't matter because they don't pose a threat to your relationship.
Exactly . Luckily my partner has no intention of speaking to her again as she was a horrible cow to us both, so it's never likely to be an issue!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (91)
52.3%
No, they should still go ahead (34)
19.54%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (49)
28.16%

Watched Threads