Ajwad45676
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I need help with choosing the modules for the new spec A level further maths.

Should i pick FM1 and FM2 or FM1 and FP1?

Any further maths students, which one would you recommend.

Also, i do a level maths. I have been getting As/high Bs. But i know it can consistently get As. Do you think i can do A level further maths for the 2021 exam season? I have over 400 days.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is perfectly feasible to do further maths in a year - some schools do A-level maths in a year (year 12) and A-level further maths in a year (year 13). The only problem you may encounter is that differentiation and integration appears quite late (iirc, towards the end) in the A-level maths textbook and is required earlier by A-level further maths, so you might have to skip ahead a bit.

Hard to recommend one. It depends what you prefer. Each combination of modules has their own grade boundaries assigned to them, so you can't really game it and pick an easiest combination.
Ajwad45676
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by _gcx)
It is perfectly feasible to do further maths in a year - some schools do A-level maths in a year (year 12) and A-level further maths in a year (year 13). The only problem you may encounter is that differentiation and integration appears quite late (iirc, towards the end) in the A-level maths textbook and is required earlier by A-level further maths, so you might have to skip ahead a bit.

Hard to recommend one. It depends what you prefer. Each combination of modules has their own grade boundaries assigned to them, so you can't really game it and pick an easiest combination.
Thank you for the reply, i have finished pure months ago. I’m basically a resit lol. So I finished calculus last year aswell. But i had extenuating circumstances.

Each option does have different grade boundaries but i was thinking of doing something that i enjoy. The difference is around 5 marks for mechanics and stats.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (334)
34.58%
No (632)
65.42%

Watched Threads