Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
So a week or 2 ago when everything was fine I had college. On the bus home from college, dont judge me getting the bus, I know its embarassing so dont say it. So anyway getting the bus back, this guy who I havent met before safes me, he asks me to add him on social medias like insta, snapchat and says add me when you get in so I do. This guy isnt a random person from the bus like hes from college, Ive heard his name, seen him on the bus before and gets off the at the stop just before me. Ive seen him around college. Its just hes been messaging me trying to me friendly but just since I dont know him much because Ive met him once so I dont really like him messaging. He messages random stuff like he just said do I like disney out of nowhere and other random stuff. I know he probably is just getting more friends but I dont really like him to be honest, just because he seems to be into diffrent stuff like im not into disney. I just dont want to sound like a ****. Its just weird though, he just said the disney app is on iphone, Im just thinking a bit random mate.

I hope people get where Im coming from
Joel746
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So a week or 2 ago when everything was fine I had college. On the bus home from college, dont judge me getting the bus, I know its embarassing so dont say it. So anyway getting the bus back, this guy who I havent met before safes me, he asks me to add him on social medias like insta, snapchat and says add me when you get in so I do. This guy isnt a random person from the bus like hes from college, Ive heard his name, seen him on the bus before and gets off the at the stop just before me. Ive seen him around college. Its just hes been messaging me trying to me friendly but just since I dont know him much because Ive met him once so I dont really like him messaging. He messages random stuff like he just said do I like disney out of nowhere and other random stuff. I know he probably is just getting more friends but I dont really like him to be honest, just because he seems to be into diffrent stuff like im not into disney. I just dont want to sound like a ****. Its just weird though, he just said the disney app is on iphone, Im just thinking a bit random mate.

I hope people get where Im coming from
Hi
Firstly, why would it be embarrassing to get the bus to and from college? I don’t understand lol, you’re using public transport which is cheaper than running a car and you are being environmentally friendly, so I don’t see any issue with this.
To the question that you want answering, it sounds like he just wants to get to know you. He’s asked for your social media, and you accepted him, so I’m assuming that you’re at least interested in him? If not then you should maybe reconsider having him on your social media, as by adding him you are basically giving him an invitation to talk to you. If you don’t feel that way about him then you need to make it clear, don’t lead him on, it isn’t fair.
Perhaps he is just shy, so he is trying to talk to you via text instead? And with us being in lockdown it is the only way he can communicate at the minute unless he calls you.
Hope this helps.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Joel746)
Hi
Firstly, why would it be embarrassing to get the bus to and from college? I don’t understand lol, you’re using public transport which is cheaper than running a car and you are being environmentally friendly, so I don’t see any issue with this.
To the question that you want answering, it sounds like he just wants to get to know you. He’s asked for your social media, and you accepted him, so I’m assuming that you’re at least interested in him? If not then you should maybe reconsider having him on your social media, as by adding him you are basically giving him an invitation to talk to you. If you don’t feel that way about him then you need to make it clear, don’t lead him on, it isn’t fair.
Perhaps he is just shy, so he is trying to talk to you via text instead? And with us being in lockdown it is the only way he can communicate at the minute unless he calls you.
Hope this helps.
I should be driving by my age not still getting the bus, enviroment isnt an excuse its embarassing. I accepted him on social because people add peach other to get their followers up these days and also I would look like an idiot if I just said no. I do talk to him because again Ill look like an idiot if I just blank it.
Joel746
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I should be driving by my age not still getting the bus, enviroment isnt an excuse its embarassing. I accepted him on social because people add peach other to get their followers up these days and also I would look like an idiot if I just said no. I do talk to him because again Ill look like an idiot if I just blank it.
There is nothing wrong with getting the bus, I have some friends who are 20 who still use the buses and they are quite popular and have cars, I don’t see the issue with it.
I see why you added him on social media, just don’t lead him on and make him think you are interested. Make it clear you don’t want anything other than friendship, but don’t be too harsh.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Joel746)
There is nothing wrong with getting the bus, I have some friends who are 20 who still use the buses and they are quite popular and have cars, I don’t see the issue with it.
I see why you added him on social media, just don’t lead him on and make him think you are interested. Make it clear you don’t want anything other than friendship, but don’t be too harsh.
Everyone is diffrent for me it is bad getting the bus.

I wont be too harsh, we might end up being good mates in the future.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (43)
59.72%
No (29)
40.28%

Watched Threads