What have we done to deserve this living hell?

Watch
Poll: What have we done to deserve this crisis?
Are we being punished for something? (6)
23.08%
Is it just bad luck? (8)
30.77%
Is it just nature? (12)
46.15%
Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Whatever have we humans done to deserve this hell on Earth virus thing? Is it a punishment for something of just pure bad luck of something else?

We have only just come out of the worst recessions in history that’s been going on since 2008 and the cruel nasty austerity package that came with it. Now we have this living hell!

What the hell have we done to deserve it? Will there ever be good times in our lives. We were too young to remember the good happy times of Major and Blair years when there were no epidemics as bad as this and people enjoyed prosperity but it seems our generation is doomed to hell. Nothing good is ever gonna happen.

It’s like we have been cursed.

Is it a punishment? Do we deserve it?
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Ultimately, what’s happened has happened. No amount of complaining is going to make coronavirus go away. We can learn the lessons from it once it is over, but we just have to try and collectively get through as best we can.
シャチ69
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
The whole world ain't got **** on a delicious bat chowder lol.

People, It's a joke relax.
Kitten in boots
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
No doubt some people will seek teleological explanations.

A far more simpler explanation is an evolutionary one. Zoonosis occured. A virus capable of killing people mutated in such a way that it was capable of infecting humans.

It has happened repeatedly throughout history. It also happens frequently in other animals, plants, fungi and bacteria.

It is just nature. There is no intent, no explanation beyond that.
Toscana
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
dont listen to the people trying to make you feel bad. stuff like this is normal. viruses are a part of nature and weve endured them for a very long time
JGoosey2002
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Punishment? From who? It’s a virus that spreads the same as any other virus. Did none of you do gcse biology?
Allie4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
its hardly a 'living hell', more an annoyance rather than anything else
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
Whatever have we humans done to deserve this hell on Earth virus thing? Is it a punishment for something of just pure bad luck of something else?

We have only just come out of the worst recessions in history that’s been going on since 2008 and the cruel nasty austerity package that came with it. Now we have this living hell!

What the hell have we done to deserve it? Will there ever be good times in our lives. We were too young to remember the good happy times of Major and Blair years when there were no epidemics as bad as this and people enjoyed prosperity but it seems our generation is doomed to hell. Nothing good is ever gonna happen.

It's a virus, not Armageddon.. chill.
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It's nature. How one defines nature determines whether we see it as pure nature, or humans prodding nature and nature prodding back and providing us with an unwanted present, but it's nature either way.

But this isn't a living hell... thinking about the other stuff out there, we've been quite fortunate to have a pandemic of this virus instead of something else. If original SARS-CoV had been as 'stealthy' as this one and ended up spreading as far and wide, we'd all be absolutely delighted to be locked away in our homes.
username5224582
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago

There are lots of satanists out there
nathan_nacu
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago

Lol, i think what hurt most for me was when everyone complained about how they can’t go out and felt so lonely but for me it was...... normal.
I never get invited anywhere and don’t have many ppl close enough to call ‘friend’ and the ones i do are in different continents or they live in a different part of the county.
My day-to-day life was really just school, home. Maybe a grocery shopping trip. Now its just the same with no school. I just wake up at disrupted hours and think about how simple and closed my life is, i feel isolated and sad, it reminds me how alone i am, how little i did or lived for. My favourite hobby was studying legal cases lol, boring...... I know its just ‘isolation’ but this whole year has been so mentally draining. I think the worst part for me was the realisation that when everything is over it won’t change for me, back to the same.
Don’t know whether we deserve it but our generation seems to be caught up in the shifting tides quite a lot but we will get through it, amen.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Napp)
It's a virus, not Armageddon.. chill.
Could be
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Could be
When i hear the clip clop of hooves i might agree but until that point, baring someone firing off a nuke, it is but a slightly above average (in terms of lethality) virus.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Napp)
When i hear the clip clop of hooves i might agree but until that point, baring someone firing off a nuke, it is but a slightly above average (in terms of lethality) virus.
hooves? Is that a metaphor for death? Lol
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
hooves? Is that a metaphor for death? Lol
Well you can't have the apocalypse without the horsemen can you?
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Napp)
Well you can't have the apocalypse without the horsemen can you?
Is this biblical reference?
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Is this biblical reference?
Indeed, specifically revelations. Can't say im particularly enthused with the bible but some of it can work its way into a comment then who is one to argue?
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hysteria. This is incredibly mild compared to what previous generations had to put up with.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Napp)
Indeed, specifically revelations. Can't say im particularly enthused with the bible but some of it can work its way into a comment then who is one to argue?
Regardless of whether one believes or not, the Bible is certainly a great novel at least, yes? Surely it inspired Socrates, JRR Tolkien, Shakespeare, and people like their stories... :holmes:
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by YaliaV)
Hysteria. This is incredibly mild compared to what previous generations had to put up with.
Yea. But the world was poorer back then. I can't believe how well and how far the global economy has increased yet how bad and how far humanity has let inhumane behaviour go....probably in a cyclical way as well...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (86)
52.44%
No, they should still go ahead (32)
19.51%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (46)
28.05%

Watched Threads