Anyone know when things might start to get back to normal?

Watch
Joe Weller
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Its just really mad all this thats going on. Just wandering when everything will be back to normal because its ruining everything and causing so much panicking. All these cases and everything its just crazy.
I know china have lifted the lockdown and going back to normal and hopefully that can happen here as well.
ThiagoBrigido
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Possibly next year
Joe Weller
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThiagoBrigido)
Possibly next year
Wow 😥
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ThiagoBrigido)
Possibly next year
That's when they're making a vaccination I think
Middle of next year?
Joe Weller
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
That's when they're making a vaccination I think
Middle of next year?
😥😓😓😣
Peter187
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I can't see the current restrictions carrying on for another 18 months without some sort of break. That would severely damage society beyond repair. I think this current lockdown will be reviewed in 3-6 weeks, in which the government may decide to lift some restrictions. For example, non essential businesses such as restaurants and bars may be allowed to open again but with a limit of how many people can be in at once. If cases rise again, the government may choose to reinstate the current lockdown restrictions again, but i'd like to think that rather than being continuous, they'll be turned on and off every 1-2 months to keep businesses running and ensure the general public can at least have something to enjoy over the summer.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Everyone is watching very closely to see whether China starts to see new outbreaks after their lockdown has been lifted.

Realistically it may be 12-18 months before there is any vaccine.

We could be looking at phased periods of lockdown/self isolation in specific geographic areas or demographic groups for a year or two.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
Everyone is watching very closely to see whether China starts to see new outbreaks after their lockdown has been lifted.

Realistically it may be 12-18 months before there is any vaccine.

We could be looking at phased periods of lockdown/self isolation in specific geographic areas or demographic groups for a year or two.
So I probably wont do my a levels next year 😫
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
A-Levels will still take place next year. They'll either use distancing, remote assessment or similar methods to this cycle.
username4952620
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
OMGGGG JOE WELLER IM UR BIGGEST FAN! Fangirling so hard
Joe Weller
Rep:
?
(Original post by MoonlightRain)
OMGGGG JOE WELLER IM UR BIGGEST FAN! Fangirling so hard
I lost to ksi though
username4952620
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Joe Weller)
I lost to ksi though
Can we not celebrate two kings?
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
A-Levels will still take place next year. They'll either use distancing, remote assessment or similar methods to this cycle.
Oh okay thanks
Joe Weller
Rep:
?
What about driving tests
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Joe Weller)
What about driving tests
I would imagine that's a relatively low risk activity and should be back to normal much sooner. The short answer is that nobody knows however.
spotify95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I would say about 3-6 months before things start to fully recover.

As for the lockdown, well, hopefully some restrictions will be relaxed after Easter.
Iñigo de Loyola
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The restrictions will probably have been removed by May, but will be back in the autumn with the virus.
stereotypeasian
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
not anytime soon sadly
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Peter187)
I can't see the current restrictions carrying on for another 18 months without some sort of break. That would severely damage society beyond repair. I think this current lockdown will be reviewed in 3-6 weeks, in which the government may decide to lift some restrictions. For example, non essential businesses such as restaurants and bars may be allowed to open again but with a limit of how many people can be in at once. If cases rise again, the government may choose to reinstate the current lockdown restrictions again, but i'd like to think that rather than being continuous, they'll be turned on and off every 1-2 months to keep businesses running and ensure the general public can at least have something to enjoy over the summer.
I don't think the current lockdown will be lifted that soon. There will be hundreds more deaths a day happening at that point because the ones we are seeing now reflect the people who get infected 3-4 weeks ago. There are a lot more cases now so 3 weeks from now, there will be a lot more deaths and the effects of the lockdown will not be evident yet.
Joe Weller
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
I don't think the current lockdown will be lifted that soon. There will be hundreds more deaths a day happening at that point because the ones we are seeing now reflect the people who get infected 3-4 weeks ago. There are a lot more cases now so 3 weeks from now, there will be a lot more deaths and the effects of the lockdown will not be evident yet.
😣😣😣😣😓😥😓😥 😓😥😣
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (276)
56.44%
I don't have everything I need (213)
43.56%

Watched Threads