Dissertation Question

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm doing qualitative textual content analysis as my research method.

In which chapter do I actually discuss the content analysis and lay out what I believe my analysis of the content shows (and why I think that to be so)? Is it in the methodology chapter or the Findings and Discussion chapter? I'm thinking the latter but just wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance!
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm doing qualitative textual content analysis as my research method.

In which chapter do I actually discuss the content analysis and lay out what I believe my analysis of the content shows (and why I think that to be so)? Is it in the methodology chapter or the Findings and Discussion chapter? I'm thinking the latter but just wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance!
How you plan to conduct the content analysis = Methodology chapter.
Your actual analysis process with your data, and results = Results chapter.
What your analysis shows and why = Discussion chapter.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
How you plan to conduct the content analysis = Methodology chapter.
Your actual analysis process with your data, and results = Results chapter.
What your analysis shows and why = Discussion chapter.
Is the Methodology chapter supposed to be written in the future tense (like this is what I plan to research and this is the method i'm going to be using) or past tense (this method was used because...)? Basically do I write the Methodology as though the research has been done or as though it is going to be done ?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is the Methodology chapter supposed to be written in the future tense (like this is what I plan to research and this is the method i'm going to be using) or past tense (this method was used because...)? Basically do I write the Methodology as though the research has been done or as though it is going to be done ?
It can depend on the field you're researching, and whether you have already gathered your data. Generally though, a Methodology section is written in past tense (and passive voice).
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
It can depend on the field you're researching, and whether you have already gathered your data. Generally though, a Methodology section is written in past tense (and passive voice).
Thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads