Kind of lied about my name

Watch
Joshtbarjer94
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I’m josh and I’m 17 , I’m a pretty shy guy and don’t make friends , truth is I don’t have any.
I’m not liked at high school and I have no confidence.
Long story short. I started going to the gym, a few months ago.
I started pretending too be someone else, more confident and to do so , I gave myself a new name . A bit like a new identity , when I wasn’t liking who I was. I know it sounds stupid. Well with this new confidence I started chatting to a few guys my age not from my school and they really like me and we go out and we work out together but they keep asking me to add them on Facebook but thing is with this new confidence I didn’t give my real first name , I’ve been calling myself Aaron since I first met him. It just seemed to be cool having a different identity and being someone not shy or awkward. How stupid would I look telling them this now ? Months into them thinking I’m Aaron. Feel a idiot now but it gave me a huge confident boost to be someone else . Advice please
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Joshtbarjer94)
I’m josh and I’m 17 , I’m a pretty shy guy and don’t make friends , truth is I don’t have any.
I’m not liked at high school and I have no confidence.
Long story short. I started going to the gym, a few months ago.
I started pretending too be someone else, more confident and to do so , I gave myself a new name . A bit like a new identity , when I wasn’t liking who I was. I know it sounds stupid. Well with this new confidence I started chatting to a few guys my age not from my school and they really like me and we go out and we work out together but they keep asking me to add them on Facebook but thing is with this new confidence I didn’t give my real first name , I’ve been calling myself Aaron since I first met him. It just seemed to be cool having a different identity and being someone not shy or awkward. How stupid would I look telling them this now ? Months into them thinking I’m Aaron. Feel a idiot now but it gave me a huge confident boost to be someone else . Advice please
If you don't want to admit that you lied, just say that you go by your middle name - lots of people do.
Koalifications
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Similarly to what PhoenixFortune said, you could just say you actually prefer to be called the name Aaron and go by it, as opposed to your true name. Just don't make too big of a deal out of it and they won't either.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Say it's your nickname...?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (532)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (646)
41.25%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (316)
20.18%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise