What are Independent Research Projects for a level languages?

Watch
username3836090
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Has anyone done a level edexcel modern foreign languages? I’m doing it independently and I’m a bit confused
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Ok, I did AQA but I'm guessing it's probably very similar! I had to choose a topic about French culture, research it, write a 2 minute presentation evaluating and introducing my question before a 6-7 minute discussion about it.
Ml2906
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi, I’ve done Spanish and French A Level and the IRP is basically just a mini research project that you do based on an area of interest, that you present / have a conversation about in your speaking exam. If you go on the Edexcel website you can find the IRP form which you will have to fill in before your exam. On there you will have to put your question / statement that your research project is based on as well as 6 - 10 key findings that you and your examiner will discuss during your exam in the foreign language. So for my Spanish IRP my research was about the effects and consequences of unemployment in Spain, and my French IRP was something about immigration - I can’t remember the exact statement. But you could do any topic that interests you as long as it is based in a country of the language you are studying. For example some of my classmates did their projects on how music in Spain changed over time, or censorship during the Franco dictatorship etc. I know this might seem confusing, so let me know if you have any questions, I got an A in both languages
Last edited by Ml2906; 9 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (266)
56.36%
I don't have everything I need (206)
43.64%

Watched Threads