The Student Room Group

Furry's Last Hurdle

Scroll to see replies

Days 49-50

A quiet couple of days really, or today at least. Yesterday I was going to start writing but realised I'd not caught up on the lecture relating to it. So I did that and found some articles etc, after a lot of distraction. I also randomly decided to give the dog a haircut, poor thing. My mum is now saying I should do my dad's as well, but that could end very badly...

Today I've pretty much just slept. Got up, had a cup of tea, slept. Had breakfast, came upstairs to have a shower, fell asleep. Went down, had lunch, waited for my parents to come home and you guessed it, slept. I needed it so much.

Two bits of good news though. One is my mum has now finished radiotherapy which is really good. She's exhausted and most of the potential side effects come after (which she's susceptible to), but the main treatment is done. The other one is my ECs got accepted, so my two remaining assignments are now due on the 25th and my dissertation not until August. That is a huge relief.

Tomorrow I really do need to start writing this essay. My aim is to have both of them done by next Friday - this one is 1500 words (I've done the other 1500 for the same module) and my other assignment I have about 1000 words left or a bit less. Both of them I know a reasonable amount about now, they just need writing. And submitting and passing, then I can stop.

Hope everyone's okay. Happy weekend!
Original post by furryface12
Day 48

so i have a bit of wiggle room.

Original post by CoolCavy

I put it in specially for you :tongue:
Day 51

A slow day today, but I got there. This afternoon I tried for ages to get stuff done, I was too tired though and just went round in circles. I slept for a couple of hours then managed to write my introduction quickly. I also got all the random articles etc I'd read together into some coherent order. So I'll start writing them up tomorrow.

Hope everyone's had a good day :smile: sleeepppp.
Days 52-56

Sorry for lack of updates.

Sunday and Monday were pretty much a write-off. Think I did a little bit Sunday morning then my mood went plop and the rest is probably best not mentioned. Monday evening I finally managed to get things sorted a little bit though, which meant I could spend Tuesday, Wednesday and today frantically writing my essay. Which as of about an hour ago, I've finally finished! I need to sort out references/do a vague sense check in the morning but that won't take long, well assuming it does make sense anyway :colondollar:

Which leaves me tomorrow evening, Saturday and Sunday to finish my last assignment off. That should be doable, hopefully - it'll be tight but I only need to pass and think I've done the rest of it well. My tutor pointed out that I could probably just submit it as is, but it's very short and as I have time I'll try write another few hundred words or so. I remember the lecture as being fairly straightforward and I know the area well so hopefully it won't be too difficult.

Hope everyone is okay, and not too sunburnt..!
SO proud of you :penguinhug:

I don't burn thankfully, but I am melting in this heat. My parents are hogging the fans :colonhash:

You're doing great :smile:
10/6/20.

Time for a long overdue update.

These last few months have been hard. There's been so much going on, much of which I haven't talked about on here, and I've not had chance to process any of it. But I've got through it and it's done. As of a couple of weeks ago my degree apart from my dissertation is finished.

Since then I had a scary but cool interview for an award thing I got shortlisted for and then I've basically just slept. My boyfriend's moved up here for a couple of weeks (he isolated first etc) which has been really nice. Lockdown several hundred miles apart has been really hard, particularly with everything else going on for both of us. Including while he's been up here.

So. The plan. I've been trying to sort out all my volunteering hours etc which are due in on the 26th, so that needs to be priority. After that, dissertation. Lots of dissertation. I'm actually looking forward to finally being able to get into it and just focus on one thing.

I won't try and post on here daily any more, but will post occasional updates when I remember once I've got that going. Thank you all for your support, especially @The_Lonely_Goatherd and @Pathway outside of TSR/in PMs. It really means a lot and has been one of the only things keeping me going at times. Hope you're all okay.
Original post by furryface12
10/6/20.

Time for a long overdue update.

These last few months have been hard. There's been so much going on, much of which I haven't talked about on here, and I've not had chance to process any of it. But I've got through it and it's done. As of a couple of weeks ago my degree apart from my dissertation is finished.

Since then I had a scary but cool interview for an award thing I got shortlisted for and then I've basically just slept. My boyfriend's moved up here for a couple of weeks (he isolated first etc) which has been really nice. Lockdown several hundred miles apart has been really hard, particularly with everything else going on for both of us. Including while he's been up here.

So. The plan. I've been trying to sort out all my volunteering hours etc which are due in on the 26th, so that needs to be priority. After that, dissertation. Lots of dissertation. I'm actually looking forward to finally being able to get into it and just focus on one thing.

I won't try and post on here daily any more, but will post occasional updates when I remember once I've got that going. Thank you all for your support, especially @The_Lonely_Goatherd and @Pathway outside of TSR/in PMs. It really means a lot and has been one of the only things keeping me going at times. Hope you're all okay.

:console: thinking of you a lot. Here if you need to talk. Please take care of yourself. You are important.
:penguinhug:
Original post by Pathway
:console: thinking of you a lot. Here if you need to talk. Please take care of yourself. You are important.

Thank you. I'm trying, badly. You too, hope you're alright.

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:penguinhug:

:hugs:
Proud of you for getting through the last few months :penguinhug:
And good luck for the final push!
Well one for keeping going - with you all the way for your dissertation. :hugs:
:grouphugs: big congrats for the award shortlist!
Sending you all the hugs :jumphug: :cube: :hugs: you got this :yy:
Only just found this, but best of luck for the final push! :rave:
12/7/20

It has been wayyyy too long since I last updated :colondollar:

Another rough few weeks, particularly the first ones. Slightly wondering what else life wants to throw at me this year but there you go (please no covid thanks). Anyway, I'm alive and doing my very best to keep it that way. Thank you so so much to TLG for helping with that, as always. Hope you're okay :frown: :penguinhug:

Anyway, the last two weeks I have finally got back into my dissertation again. And as of about an hour ago, I have FINISHED MY QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS. That has literally been haunting me for months. So, I have a long way to go but the worst bit is done. As a side note, three years of a psychology degree and I finally think I can spell qualitative. Still can't say it though.

Current plan for action is:
- Tomorrow and Tuesday: Finish qual method section, write my reflection if I feel like it/have time, quant method. Survive everyone else getting their results (good luck MR!!).
- Wednesday: Funny not graduationy thingy that may well be completely awful. As above.
- Thursday - Sunday: Quantitative analysis.
- Monday 20th - Sunday 26th: Literature review.
- Monday 27th: Meeting with supervisor.
- Tuesday 28th - Friday 31st: Rationale for project, abstract, appendices, etc. Draft to supervisor to see if anything crucial I've missed.
- Saturday 1st - Sunday 9th: Discussion section (yuck).
- Monday 10th - Thursday 13th: Final edits and formatting. Also my mum's 60th birthday which I need to do something about.
- Friday 14th, 10am: DEADLINE. And then sleepppppp. And decide what on earth I'm doing next year :redface:

So, yeah. Busy few weeks, tight schedule. But *hopefully*, all being well, it'll be doable. All fingers crossed please!

Hope everyone is well :grouphugs: massive good luck to anyone getting results around now - you are amazing whatever they say.

:run: (it really annoys me that that doesn't go the other way!).
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm still here and am glad you are too :penguinhug:

Well done on qualitative analysis! Sounds like one of the hardest/meatiest parts? :ninja: I can say qualitative (just about) but can't say quantitative. Or maybe it's the other way around, hmmm :dontknow: :erm: :colondollar:

Fingers firmly crossed and only ever a message away if you need me! :lovehug: You can do this :smile:
Good luck getting that all done :jumphug: You can do it :rave:
19/7/20

How are we this far into July already?!

I'm doing okay work wise. My week's been a bit random and I barely got anything done Thursday or Friday, but I've made up for it the last couple of days. Hopefully I don't get too much payback from it as for now, I'm up to date.

Plan for this week is to go back to the beginning and do my lit review. Tomorrow I'll look at what I already have and go through the articles etc to see what I need to cover. And then, write! At some point I'll do the little bits I have left from the other sections too - I'm a graph missing and need to finish a couple of the appendices, etc. I also need to pull together a personal statement again as the formal deadline for my uni's masters courses is the 31st, so if that is even a remote possibility I need to make sure I actually have a place.

Not a lot else to report really. Mental health is pretty crap at the minute and I'm just pushing through physically which isn't great. But oh well. I found out I got an award from my department which is nice, particularly as I've not even finished yet - it comes with £500 too! And I played clarinet for the first time since my friend died, too. It helped a little bit.

Hope everyone is okay :hugs:
(edited 3 years ago)
Well done on keeping up to date :jumphug: Even if it's not on the days you intended, keeping up to date is an achievement in itself :yep:
Sorry to hear your MH isn't doing so well :console: Look after yourself :penguinhug:
Congrats on your award! I'm sure it was very well deserved!
I'm glad you felt able to play the clarinet a bit, and that it helped :hugs:

YAY for award and DOUBLE YAY for £500 :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

Well done for doing some work, try not to worry that it's coming out in uneven patterns (yes, I know, I'm a hypocrite! :colonhash: ). You're doing great and am proud of you, always :lovehug:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending