The Student Room Group

am i actually paranoid?!

now in real life, i am a very chilled, laid back kinda gal. In terms of my relationship, jealousy has never even come into the picture. I'm well aware of the fact that my boyfriend has friendships with attractive females, and is still friendly with some of his exes, and i really don't actually have any problems with it, as i am secure in our relationship.

Or so i thought.

Recently, i keep having explicit nightmares where he's cheating on me. I've woken up feeling really really upset, and it leads me to wonder why i keep having these dreams? I don't have any reason to think they have any factual basis, which leads me to ask, am i actually paranoid and insanely jealous?

Any thoughts/advice?
Reply 1
It could be that some subconsious part of your brain has decided that he's cheating, or it could be some random part of your brain winding you up. Either way there isn't anything you could do if he was cheating, so ignore it and carry on I think.
Reply 2
Don't read too much into your dreams, the fact that you dream that he's cheating probably doesn't mean that he is, it's more likely that it symbolises insecurity elsewhere in your life.
Reply 3
You can't be that 'secure' in your relationship if this is concerning you in such a way, you need to confront the dreams. The best thing to do would be to talk to him about them, i'm sure he'll be understanding and reassure you, ridding you of any doubts and worries. A little paranoia/jealousy's always healthy in a relationship; shows you care about him.
Reply 4
IHavePMS
You can't be that 'secure' in your relationship if this is concerning you in such a way, you need to confront the dreams. The best thing to do would be to talk to him about them, i'm sure he'll be understanding and reassure you, ridding you of any doubts and worries. A little paranoia/jealousy's always healthy in a relationship; shows you care about him.

i agree you should talk
Reply 5
IHavePMS

yeah, that's what scares me...maybe i'm not as secure as i thought i was! how do i deal with it?! :frown: this is the last thing i ever thought i'd have to worry about
Reply 6
It's your reactive mind at work. Read Dianetics and it should sort that out
Reply 7
grace
yeah, that's what scares me...maybe i'm not as secure as i thought i was! how do i deal with it?! :frown: this is the last thing i ever thought i'd have to worry about

With every relationship comes its insecurity. Tis nothing abnormal. Just be patient and honest and the dreams will go away. You need to be comfortable, s'all.
subconsuisly u sense hes either cheating on u or thinking to. i say dump him n get uself a real man
Reply 9
if somebody has cheated on you before, it could be that youre worried about this guy doing it to you, even if you dont realise it, especially if you really like him. i doubt that he is actually cheating on you. so dont worry!
Reply 10
Hmmm i can't remember what it symbolises... but cheating is recognised as symbolising something in your dreams - and it's not that you think ur partner is cheating... it's something like fear of failure, or keeping secrets... hmmm *goes to look up*

Latest

Trending

Trending