youngjustice26
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hey,
I was adamant on doing the following subjects for my GCSEs ( all subjects are Edexcel )
- Computer Science IGCSE
- Design Technology GCSE
- Economics IGCSE
- French IGCSE

But my school isn’t letting me take DT and Computer Science cos they’re in the same block....

Now I have to pick DT or computer Science and another subject as well ( history, psychology and business all seem OK... )

Any suggestions on what I should do and if any of my current choices are bad ?
Thanks
laurxnjade
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Pick computer science! Let's be honest - understanding a computer etc is more important when it comes to getting a job! Design technology is fun but I'd honestly only pick it if you're super set on designing a candle holder or something..

Don't pick History! It's a lot of stress that's just not needed. I did Business Studies for my GCSE's and found it a total walk in the park! Depends what you want - something easy or something to push you?
username5224582
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by youngjustice26)
Hey,
I was adamant on doing the following subjects for my GCSEs ( all subjects are Edexcel )
- Computer Science IGCSE
- Design Technology GCSE
- Economics IGCSE
- French IGCSE

But my school isn’t letting me take DT and Computer Science cos they’re in the same block....

Now I have to pick DT or computer Science and another subject as well ( history, psychology and business all seem OK... )

Any suggestions on what I should do and if any of my current choices are bad ?
Thanks
What do you want your job to be?
youngjustice26
Rep:
?
(Original post by BeautifulQueen)
What do you want your job to be?
Buisnessperson / writer .
youngjustice26
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurxnjade)
Pick computer science! Let's be honest - understanding a computer etc is more important when it comes to getting a job! Design technology is fun but I'd honestly only pick it if you're super set on designing a candle holder or something..

Don't pick History! It's a lot of stress that's just not needed. I did Business Studies for my GCSE's and found it a total walk in the park! Depends what you want - something easy or something to push you?
Thank you so much for the reply.. It really helped cos I have to pick my options really soon.
Do you think Business and Economics are fine together ? Or do universities prefer only economics.
username5224582
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Buisnessperson / writer .
Business= The core subjects are English, Mathematics and Sciences. Students can also choose other subjects ranging from Social Sciences (commonly Accounting, Business Studies, Economics, Sociology) to Arts & Technology (commonly Computer Studies, Information & Communication Technology (ICT), Art & Design).

Writer= I think you just need English
youngjustice26
Rep:
?
(Original post by BeautifulQueen)
Business= The core subjects are English, Mathematics and Sciences. Students can also choose other subjects ranging from Social Sciences (commonly Accounting, Business Studies, Economics, Sociology) to Arts & Technology (commonly Computer Studies, Information & Communication Technology (ICT), Art & Design).

Writer= I think you just need English
Thanks 😊
Do you think history is important for writing ?
I am quite proficient at history and got full marks on my last test however I am unsure if I will enjoy it. I also hate timed written exams.
What do you think about psychology ?
username5224582
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thanks 😊
Do you think history is important for writing ?
I am quite proficient at history and got full marks on my last test however I am unsure if I will enjoy it. I also hate timed written exams.
What do you think about psychology ?
of corse History is Important!
(I don't know how to spell 'of corse')
psychology Is not needed but do it if you are good at it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads