honestlytootired
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi, I’m currently in Year 11 but my exams are cancelled and I’m confused on my A Level choices. I’ve applied for college and I plan to study English Literature and History but I can’t decide on a third option. I’m thinking about either Classical Civilisation or Law but I’m so confused. Does anyone have any experience with any of the above A Levels? Thanks
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Do you have any ideas on what you might like to do as a career?
LaGataSonriente
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by honestlytootired)
Hi, I’m currently in Year 11 but my exams are cancelled and I’m confused on my A Level choices. I’ve applied for college and I plan to study English Literature and History but I can’t decide on a third option. I’m thinking about either Classical Civilisation or Law but I’m so confused. Does anyone have any experience with any of the above A Levels? Thanks
I do Classical Civilisation and I think that it's very good. Feel free to ask me any questions about the course. I have offers for law at university but didn't do it for A level.
honestlytootired
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi, thank you for replying. What other A Levels do you study? Also, how heavy is the workload in Classical Civilisation?
LaGataSonriente
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by honestlytootired)
Hi, thank you for replying. What other A Levels do you study? Also, how heavy is the workload in Classical Civilisation?
My classics teacher is very laid back, so the workload is not bad! It's quite nice because the most important thing is to read your texts thoroughly and know them really well. Have a think about the themes and characters, maybe write a few notes, do some practice essays and you're set. Depending on what topics your school does, some of them are more historical than literature and I personally found those harder. I also do French, Spanish and geography.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (721)
33.88%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (911)
42.81%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (403)
18.94%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.37%

Watched Threads