The Student Room Group

Computer Science BSc: Edinburgh vs Warwick

Hey everyone,

I would like to know your opinion about which university to choose for CS: Edinburgh or Warwick?

I have got conditional offers from both of them, entry requirements are the same and they are both highly ranked. Besides, the course programmes are quite similar.

So, I really don't know what to choose. I would be very grateful if you share your opinion and experience of studying at any of these two universities.
Do you want to live in a city or a campus?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Do you want to live in a city or a campus?

Well I think I'd better live in the city.

Then probably Edinburgh is a more suitable option?))
Original post by AndreyD
Well I think I'd better live in the city.

Then probably Edinburgh is a more suitable option?))

Yep
Edinburgh would be my personal choice too. A longer course with more optional study modules (including informatics).
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Yep
Edinburgh would be my personal choice too. A longer course with more optional study modules (including informatics).

Thanks for your opinion :smile:
Reply 5
I have also received an offer from Edinburgh, however I was discouraged from the choice as its a 4 year course for a bachelors with no year in industry and **this is purely what I have heard and is probably false** you have to take an additional area of study like English or History in the first year please correct me if I'm wrong which I have no interest in and it seems like a waste of time.
yea both brilliant unis, only thing that would concern me is that it's 4 years instead of 3 at edinburgh for a bachelors degree. not had experience w either so could be wrong, but would keep that in mind :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by casabonita
yea both brilliant unis, only thing that would concern me is that it's 4 years instead of 3 at edinburgh for a bachelors degree. not had experience w either so could be wrong, but would keep that in mind :smile:

Thanks, I also think this is the biggest difference between these two unis.
Reply 8
Original post by Xotsu
I have also received an offer from Edinburgh, however I was discouraged from the choice as its a 4 year course for a bachelors with no year in industry and **this is purely what I have heard and is probably false** you have to take an additional area of study like English or History in the first year please correct me if I'm wrong which I have no interest in and it seems like a waste of time.

Thanks for your reply.
I will check if this is true because in the case it is, I also have no interest in studying such additional subjects as History or English... 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending