The Student Room Group

Is getting a takeaway delivered safe?

If I order a takeaway delivery how safe is it as the chef will have handled the food prior to packing it?

Will heating the food till it’s boiling hot in the microwave before eating it make it safe?
Original post by Ambitious1999
If I order a takeaway delivery how safe is it as the chef will have handled the food prior to packing it?

Will heating the food till it’s boiling hot in the microwave before eating it make it safe?

A lot of takeaway businesses have been taking extra steps to ensure their meals and the delivery of their meals are safe. The majority of kitchens practise good hygiene - if staff are ill, their bosses will not require them to work. In recent times, they are taking extra steps to step up their cleaning - e.g. more regular hand washing, gloves, hand sanitiser. Most deliveries will take card payment over phone and offer contactless deliveries - leaving the food on the doorstep and then going back 2m to maintain social distancing.

If you are still worried, I would recommend you do not order a takeaway and cook at home.

Quick Reply

Latest