The Student Room Group

Cant decide on brunel or middlesex returning back to year 2 study

I left my studies last September after studying a foundation diploma in natural sciences and then going onto first year biomedical science at DMU. It was a big mistake going there, both the course and the university itself were not right for me and I was very unhappy. I'm currently on a "gap year" working and figuring myself out and I'm looking to apply to year 2 entry and I'm looking at Middlesex and Brunel but wanted to know any opinions on the universities or the biological science course at MDX or the life sciences course at Brunel?
Original post by Lori130998
I left my studies last September after studying a foundation diploma in natural sciences and then going onto first year biomedical science at DMU. It was a big mistake going there, both the course and the university itself were not right for me and I was very unhappy. I'm currently on a "gap year" working and figuring myself out and I'm looking to apply to year 2 entry and I'm looking at Middlesex and Brunel but wanted to know any opinions on the universities or the biological science course at MDX or the life sciences course at Brunel?

Hi,

I don't study biological science but my friend did (she already finished) and she really liked it. She said lectures were very informative and tutors are helpful, so if you don't understand something they always ready to support you. If you are prepared and are actively taking part in lectures and seminars they can offer you a job, to work for them as SLA (Student Learning Assistant). It's paid work, up to 6 h per week.

Our buildings at Middlesex for sciences is amazing, modern and have great labolatories. You can check out facilities here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/natural-sciences/biosciences On this website you also have links to videos of students who study biological course (or something related to it).

If it's still not enough information you can always contact one of our ambassadors for biology department at unibuddy. Please contact her here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/student-life/chat-with-students?unibuddy=buddies%2F5bf4264ac62729001b4da1dd

I wish you all the best with finding your path. If you have any more questions don't hesistate to contact me.

Best, Aleksandra
Reply 2
FYI for anyone interested, I ended up going with neither uni, they took an awfully long time to reply and were pretty rude tbh. I went for a different option that found myself through both here and the london uni's scheme.

Quick Reply

Latest