The Student Room Group

Deadline for second year transfer?

I really want to move university... Again, okay long back story. But I've tried moving back to my old university and they're happy to take me but... IN FIRST YEAR AGAIN :frown: I can't do that, that's the time of a degree spent on first years lol

I'm really struggling to find ambition at this current uni, but I do think sticking on for second year here is better than going to first year again... I was just wondering when is the deadline for 2nd year transfers as I'll just shoot my shot at different places and hope for the best
Original post by 3121
I really want to move university... Again, okay long back story. But I've tried moving back to my old university and they're happy to take me but... IN FIRST YEAR AGAIN :frown: I can't do that, that's the time of a degree spent on first years lol

I'm really struggling to find ambition at this current uni, but I do think sticking on for second year here is better than going to first year again... I was just wondering when is the deadline for 2nd year transfers as I'll just shoot my shot at different places and hope for the best

im so confused, have u done first year at a uni & are wanting to transfer to a new uni or the same one, bit confusing ;P
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
im so confused, have u done first year at a uni & are wanting to transfer to a new uni or the same one, bit confusing ;P

I did 1st year Economics & Politics at University X now I'm doing just 1st year Economics at University Y, I want to do second year Economics back at University X but they've said they can only offer first year entry... I really regret leaving Uni X, it was a top uni! I could've just done first year Eco there this year but chose not to for personal reasons at the time :frown:
So I was wondering if I could just apply around at different Universities because my current one is a lil how do I say?...... $#!t
There’s no deadline for transfers but obviously the sooner you apply the more likely it can happen
Original post by 3121
I did 1st year Economics & Politics at University X now I'm doing just 1st year Economics at University Y, I want to do second year Economics back at University X but they've said they can only offer first year entry... I really regret leaving Uni X, it was a top uni! I could've just done first year Eco there this year but chose not to for personal reasons at the time :frown:
So I was wondering if I could just apply around at different Universities because my current one is a lil how do I say?...... $#!t

im planning to transfer too but im still doing the same course so its just gonna be carried on so makes no difference. & omgggg, why did u leave then :frown: & ask around diff unis, most unis dont allow u but some do but ngl they dont usually be the best unis. for me it makes no diff in terms of unis cos theyre both not that great :P
Original post by Mustafa0605
There’s no deadline for transfers but obviously the sooner you apply the more likely it can happen

some unis do have deadlines, some are September but some require u to do the application before summer so academics can review before they go on summer holiday.
Original post by Anonymous
some unis do have deadlines, some are September but some require u to do the application before summer so academics can review before they go on summer holiday.

It’s March right now though... I don’t think he’s going to wait 6 months until second year starts to apply for a transfer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending