The Student Room Group

University Assignments

To pass modules you are required to get a 40% average so if a module consists of two course works one weighing 40% and the other one 60%, if I fail one do I still have a chance to pass the module with the remaining 60%? If i do fail can I resit assignments?
Also this is my first year so all I really want is to be able to progress onto the second year.
Original post by Anonymous
To pass modules you are required to get a 40% average so if a module consists of two course works one weighing 40% and the other one 60%, if I fail one do I still have a chance to pass the module with the remaining 60%? If i do fail can I resit assignments?
Also this is my first year so all I really want is to be able to progress onto the second year.

Universities each have their own policies about whether students need to pass every assessment within every module, or just need a passing average grade for each module. You'll need to check in your course/uni regulations handbook, or ask your personal tutor.
Ours you have to get above 40% in each one. Annoying because I got like 95% in one half of the assessment for one and was hoping I could relax a bit for the second half!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending