Is there a difference between these degrees?

Watch
benkrupy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I am very interested in criminal psychology as a career, however when I do research into degrees there are ones for Psychology with Criminology and others for Criminology with Psychology. Is there a difference between these?

My aim in my career eventually is to work on profiling criminals as well as giving expert testimonys in court, etc.
remussjhj01
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
For psychology with criminology you spend more time doing psychology (75% psych 25% crim). For criminology with psychology it's the opposite, 75% crim 25% psych.
You'd probably be best of doing psychology (75%) with criminology (25%). Or maybe, if you can find one at a university you like, a joint course, so it's 50-50 for both subjects.
benkrupy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by remussjhj01)
For psychology with criminology you spend more time doing psychology (75% psych 25% crim). For criminology with psychology it's the opposite, 75% crim 25% psych.
You'd probably be best of doing psychology (75%) with criminology (25%). Or maybe, if you can find one at a university you like, a joint course, so it's 50-50 for both subjects.
Thank you so much!! It's greatly appreciated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (18)
37.5%
No (26)
54.17%
I don't know (4)
8.33%

Watched Threads