nucleic acids and their structure

Watch
ambergrayston94
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
can anyone help me out please? I have a question for my access course asking me to explain the role of nucleic acids in the nucleus and cytoplasm. I've gone through the bases which I sort of understand but I cant find any understandable information for the pentose sugar and phosphoric acid! there was very little information in my guidance material and im not sure how else to go about this question. its part of a report and the work ive already submitted wasn't detailed enough so it came back to me to amend but im just banging my head against a brick wall here! Im doing an access to midwifery course and im still on the early units but ive already had an extension on this one and my deadline is only around the corner

please help me out!
kesleyheather
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ambergrayston94)
can anyone help me out please? I have a question for my access course asking me to explain the role of nucleic acids in the nucleus and cytoplasm. I've gone through the bases which I sort of understand but I cant find any understandable information for the pentose sugar and phosphoric acid! there was very little information in my guidance material and im not sure how else to go about this question. its part of a report and the work ive already submitted wasn't detailed enough so it came back to me to amend but im just banging my head against a brick wall here! Im doing an access to midwifery course and im still on the early units but ive already had an extension on this one and my deadline is only around the corner

please help me out!
Did you have any luck with this? I’m stuck and got 5 days to complete, science is not my strong point. To be honest I’m starting to wonder if I’m just not smart enough for any of this
tomatowielder
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kesleyheather)
Did you have any luck with this? I’m stuck and got 5 days to complete, science is not my strong point. To be honest I’m starting to wonder if I’m just not smart enough for any of this
Have you tried searching youtube? When I'm really stuck I usually manage to find a video that makes things feel clearer. When I'm really really stuck, having a friend to bounce things off of really helps (even if they're not studying what I'm studying, although it helps!).

Sorry I don't have any specific resources on this - it's so stressful when you're near a deadline and you're stuck and it can be so easy to feel self critical. It doesn't say anything about your intelligence. Learning, and learning a science, reflects a skill, rather than an innate quality. If you have the inclination after the deadline is over, I found the book A Mind for Numbers by Barbara Oakley really useful for how I approach learning maths and science.

Best of luck!
kesleyheather
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by tomatowielder)
Have you tried searching youtube? When I'm really stuck I usually manage to find a video that makes things feel clearer. When I'm really really stuck, having a friend to bounce things off of really helps (even if they're not studying what I'm studying, although it helps!).

Sorry I don't have any specific resources on this - it's so stressful when you're near a deadline and you're stuck and it can be so easy to feel self critical. It doesn't say anything about your intelligence. Learning, and learning a science, reflects a skill, rather than an innate quality. If you have the inclination after the deadline is over, I found the book A Mind for Numbers by Barbara Oakley really useful for how I approach learning maths and science.

Best of luck!
Thankyou so much ! I needed to hear this X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (88)
30.88%
Less motivated (197)
69.12%

Watched Threads