What courses should I take for midwifery?!

Watch
Jamilahilda
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi,
I’m fully set on taking midwifery at uni but I’m torn between my A level options;
I could take double health and social care and sociology ( which could look better when applying for universities ) or textiles, sociology and criminology. I love textiles and have a passion for it ( working at a 9 at gcse level ) but if I took it as an option would the coursework be to much and consequently make my other options suffer? Plus would it be insignificant for my uni applications?
Please help!
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Jamilahilda)
Hi,
I’m fully set on taking midwifery at uni but I’m torn between my A level options;
I could take double health and social care and sociology ( which could look better when applying for universities ) or textiles, sociology and criminology. I love textiles and have a passion for it ( working at a 9 at gcse level ) but if I took it as an option would the coursework be to much and consequently make my other options suffer? Plus would it be insignificant for my uni applications?
Please help!
Double health and social care and sociology would definitely look better on uni applications for midwifery so I would choose that option if A level Biology is not an option for you
e.pinn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Jamilahilda)
Hi,
Please help!
Don't quote me on this, but I think that you have to take biology (or at least a science subject) for most health related courses. Your best best would be having a look at the entry requirements on a few different university sites to give you an idea of what you need
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (580)
34.2%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (698)
41.16%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (341)
20.11%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.54%

Watched Threads