Is this bullying?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
My family are in denial of my sexuality and ever since I tried to tell them they always call me names (my siblings do).
And a few days ago all my rings went missing (which is ironic because.im always told not to wear so many rings because it makes me a lesbian)... I tried to question my siblings but none of them would respond and I don't know who took them and they're not cheap rings either!

And then on top of that my siblings acted like they were under the age of 4 and one of them threw my phone into the bath. And since then it keeps freezing- it takes me half an hour to search something up in the search bar and they say that a stand of hair is the thinnest thing in the world bu they obviously haven't seen my patience!!! So I'm trying to cope with a phone that works at 0.5mph lol!!I havent told my parents. I could get a new one but I know some families find it difficult to make ends meet so I'm just coping with a very slow phone even though I contemplate smashing it off the wall many times a day!

Also, on mothers day I brought my mom gifts and put them all on the dining table and my siblings brought gifts too but the those I got they claimed was from all them and I felt so bad because my mom probably thought I did not get her anything.

I'm a very nice and caring person I cannot hurt anyone else- I cannot even think about it. I just wish everyone could accept my sexuality and not be in denial and force me to be in denial either. I wish things could go back to normal with my siblings.
charlesjtwhite
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I wouldn't say it's bullying so much as siblings being ****ty, which is pretty common. I'm sorry they won't accept your sexuality and tease you for it, but please try and remember that it's most likely just a reflection of their immaturity rather than their true feelings about you!

Can you talk to your parents properly about this? If not, do you have a teacher you like who you could get in touch with and ask for some advice on this as they will know you better than we do
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by charlesjtwhite)
I wouldn't say it's bullying so much as siblings being ****ty, which is pretty common. I'm sorry they won't accept your sexuality and tease you for it, but please try and remember that it's most likely just a reflection of their immaturity rather than their true feelings about you!

Can you talk to your parents properly about this? If not, do you have a teacher you like who you could get in touch with and ask for some advice on this as they will know you better than we do
Thank you for your answer. And I have tried talking to my parents properly but they are in denial and they want me to be in denial too. They will never accept that I'm gay as it goes against religious teachings.
And I do have a few teachers in sixth form that are gay and one of them I am quite close too but I don't know whether I can talk to them about my sexuality and I'm struggling. What do I say to them?
At the moment school is closed.
charlesjtwhite
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you for your answer. And I have tried talking to my parents properly but they are in denial and they want me to be in denial too. They will never accept that I'm gay as it goes against religious teachings.
And I do have a few teachers in sixth form that are gay and one of them I am quite close too but I don't know whether I can talk to them about my sexuality and I'm struggling. What do I say to them?
At the moment school is closed.
Write out an email to them and explain it as clearly as you can; make sure to tell them that you appreciate they will be busy with other stuff. I'm sure they will be happy to offer you advice or point you in the right direction to another person who can do so. Your sixth form may have counselling services etc. still available over this period and they will have almost certainly dealt with similar situations.

It all gets better once you go to uni/leave your parents' house - you can be who you want to be, if they want to deny it then let them!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise