Sophie_zena
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So I’m not completely sure how to interpret the word ‘significance’ in my twenty markers for geography. For example, ‘evaluate the significance of the contribution of glacial meltwater to the formation of glacial landscapes’. How do I approach a question like this?? We’ve been told to do two paras for agree and two for disagree but how do I disagree?
?Hannah?
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
So to disagree, consider other factors that have contributed to the formation of the landscapes and why they may be more significant. Think about the area that the processes cover/influence. Some processes may shape entire landforms and others may shape only small sections. Weathering, for example, in coastal landscapes tends to only impact smaller areas where joints and cracks are presents - erosion influences larger regions since the wave covers an entire side of a cliff. Also think about the force and strength of the processes

I did a similar question for coasts and got 20/20. For the conclusion, consider how other factors such as human activity and vegetation may influence development and how
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (106)
50.72%
No (103)
49.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed