Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Just wandering is a level chemistry hard and is physics and biology difficult

Thanks Everyone 🤟
hunchoM
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I personally don’t find A level Chemistry too difficult. I enjoy it. There’s a lot of content you have to memorise in A level Biology though
Eferjf
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Thanks for the comment
Eferjf
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
(Original post by Revisionaddict)
I do both biology and chemistry, and I find biology a lot harder because it requires more effort. I went in with the mentality that chemistry would be super difficult and hard but it’s really not! Do questions/exam papers when you reach the end of topics and ALWAYS ask your teacher if you don’t understand something in lesson! Like the person above, I actually find chemistry enjoyable and it’s not difficult if you keep on track. Biology requires a lot more of your time than chemistry just because making notes takes super long for me and my teachers aren’t very good. There’s a lot to memorise for biology so make sure you stay on top of that too! You’ll be fine don’t worry I can’t comment on physics though
Thanks that really helps 👍🏼
burntcherrio
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
hmmmm cant say about biology but personally I find chemistry to be the hardest a level i do, and i do math , further math, computer science and physics too. but that might just be cuz while im good at calculations and stuff im awful at memorizing stuff and chemistry has the most memorizing out of the ones I do. In the end it just comes down to what you are good at
Claisen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
The difficulty will be different for everyone. Overall, if you work hard and remain resilient you will get a good grade. I was awful at GCSE chemistry, had to take it for A-level (wanted to be a pharmacist at the time) and now I'm doing an MChem... Ended up loving chem!
Fakz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Biology is difficult due to the huge amount of content, and most topics require detailed memorisation; not to mention, the mark schemes are quite specific.
Chemistry has concepts which can be more difficult to grasp but nothing impossible. It also has a lot of content but not as much as biology. For most topics, if you know the technique for answering questions, you're good.
I don't know about physics but I assume it's the most difficult because there is a lot of maths and difficult concepts.
Either way, with enough effective revision, nothing is impossible.
Beck1998
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Iv taken all off this as an a level so Iv got experience in them all.
Physics- I find the most difficult personally but I recommend you take a level maths along side this as it will help a lot. There’s a lot of maths in the content so if you’re good at maths go for it.
Chemistry- personally my fav and I find the easiest mainly because I enjoy it the most. Some topics can be really difficult to understand but once you understand one topic all the others start to make sense.
Biology - deffo has the most content but the content isn’t acc that difficult, there’s a lot the learn but if you revise and are able to remember things well then it’s easy. Some topics are so boring but some are so interesting
username5064508
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Personally, I don't find either to be particularly difficult, but most of my classmates find that biology is generally easier in content and concepts, but requires far more memorisation.

Also, in my experience chemistry is easier in an exam context, as it is mostly recall and some application while biology is heavier with graph interpretations and calculations and far more application to unfamiliar situations.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Eferjf)
Just wandering is a level chemistry hard and is physics and biology difficult

Thanks Everyone 🤟
Not harder as physics, a subject which is precise on both set up an equation and come to the right conclusion. This requirement for students makes physics to the hardest science.

Biology is the easiest in my opinion. Similar as in chemistry to some extend with the diffence there are no oxidation numbers and reactions into detail. These things and some stoichiometries about titration, acids and bases are the greatest hindrance for students when they take chemistry at A levels.

Good luck and make your right choice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed