i just wanted to give all of those who are GCSE students some info... hope it helps

Watch
ANOYNOMUS786
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
The all-important information: GCSEs!
Below you can find snippets from the government website which should help you understand a bit better what's going to happen next.

What will happen to those who have already done some non-exam assessment?
The calculated grade process will take into account a range of evidence including, for example, non-exam assessment and mock results, and the approach will be standardised between schools and colleges.

Will all students get their predicted grade?
No, we know that simply using predicted grades would not be fair to all students. The calculated grade will take into account teachers’ assessment of the likely grade as well as other factors such as prior attainment, so students’ final grades will not necessarily reflect their predicted grades.

Will schools be using mock exam results as a barometer for results – and is this fair on students as they did not know at the time these would be used as their final mark?
Mock exam results will be one of the pieces of evidence that will be taken into account in this process, alongside other factors.

Will universities/colleges/sixth forms accept these calculated grades?
The calculated grades awarded will be formal grades, with the same status as grades awarded in any other year.

What if I am unhappy with my grade?
If a student does not believe the correct process has been followed in their case they will be able to appeal on that basis. In addition, if they do not feel their calculated grade reflects their performance, they will have the opportunity to sit an exam, as soon as is reasonably possible after schools and colleges open again. Students will also have the option to sit their exams in summer 2021.

Will there be an opportunity to take exams this year if a student is unhappy with their grade?
We recognise that some students may feel disappointed that they have not been able to sit their exams. If they do not feel their calculated grade reflects their performance, they will have the opportunity to sit an exam, as soon as is reasonably possible after schools and colleges open again. Students will also have the option to sit their exams in summer 2021.

How will colleges, sixth-forms, universities cope with the fact that these students will have missed out on some of their education?
These are extraordinary circumstances. We are working with schools, sixth forms, colleges and universities to ensure that we do everything we can to best help students prepare for and progress to the next stage of their education.

Might the exams be reinstated if the coronavirus (COVID-19) is not as bad as expected?
No, the decision has been taken to cancel all exams this summer.
ANOYNOMUS786
Rep:
?
i hope this information reassures all the GCSE students out there. this info was provided to me by a teacher in my school. its quite helpful and made me realise that the grades i will be given might just be fair enough...
CurrentUsername
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Thank you!
ANOYNOMUS786
Rep:
?
your welcome, just doing what I can to help fellow GCSE students. it is a hard time and I just really wanted to help.
lemonicedT
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
thank you i was really worried about exams suddenly being reinstated if we go back, and not being prepared.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.08%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed