The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

student support & culture

Hi there, I’ve received an offer from KCL to study law yet have recently become quite anxious about moving from the rural South up to London.
1. What is the pastoral care like at KCL? There is massive disparity between its academic ratings in league tables (which it does fantastically in) and its domestic ratings... I’m afraid I won’t be well supported...
2. Coming from a small town in the South-West of England and being born in the UK is a massive contrast to the majority of international offer holders at King’s. I’m worried I won’t fit in well and will struggle to make friends (despite being outgoing) in comparison to places like Bristol which has more home students. Can you ease my anxiety about this?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there, I’ve received an offer from KCL to study law yet have recently become quite anxious about moving from the rural South up to London.
1. What is the pastoral care like at KCL? There is massive disparity between its academic ratings in league tables (which it does fantastically in) and its domestic ratings... I’m afraid I won’t be well supported...
2. Coming from a small town in the South-West of England and being born in the UK is a massive contrast to the majority of international offer holders at King’s. I’m worried I won’t fit in well and will struggle to make friends (despite being outgoing) in comparison to places like Bristol which has more home students. Can you ease my anxiety about this?

Hi,

I’m doing my final year at Kings. It is true that the society is very international but personally for me it is very beneficial as I felt it allow me to grow as a person.
For my needs, the support I received from college has been great, I have fantastic personal tutor and amazing student union to turn to.
There are multiple societies to join where you can make friends. Student union organises whole range of events to meet other students too.
Granted, living in London will always be different than living in any other city. It is a question whether you like to challenge yourself or prefer to stay in your comfort zone.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest