The Student Room Group

How many times have you gone Anonymous on TSR?

Me: 3-4 times max

Also find that too many people post in the wrong section just so they can be anonymous (especially when they want to talk about A-levels or GCSEs) or they don't "need" to be anonymous but still are (e.g to give "general" advice or to post a "general" comment that's not sensitive in any shape or form) or they troll but yeah I guess...

Scroll to see replies

That's good
never
Or people go anonymous to ask a question to the Anon OP... (e.g "what happened?" Or "what the heck is this thread lol?!?!") No need to anon for these questions especially if you're a newbie...
Reply 4
If you had made this topic in forums which allow anon posts you'd probably have like 2 pages of replies by now

people use anon for literally anything. abuse is rife.

if you look at the topics started in anon sections like the relationship forum etc you'll see that on any given day 50-70% of topics started are by anons...
Probably have before but I certainly haven't in recent times. Never really feel the need to do so.
Reply 6
Original post by ANM775
If you had made this topic in forums which allow anon posts you'd probably have like 2 pages of replies by now

if you look at the topics started in anon sections like the relationship forum etc you'll see that on any given day 50-70% of topics started are by anons...

on page one of relationships forum i count 50 anon topics and about 22 topics made by people not hiding.

i rest my case...
Never, but I am fairly new to this :biggrin: Tbf though I don't see myself going anon, anyways.
Once or twice max.
Original post by 1st superstar
Me: 3-4 times max

Also find that too many people post in the wrong section just so they can be anonymous (especially when they want to talk about A-levels or GCSEs) or they don't "need" to be anonymous but still are (e.g to give "general" advice or to post a "general" comment that's not sensitive in any shape or form) or they troll but yeah I guess...

I do once every couple of months,
normally on a topic where I feel I have something substantial to contribute but would make it easy for anyone on TSR to identify me in real life if you've seen other posts ive made.
Two or three times max.
Original post by ANM775

I know it's sad. But I keep reporting threads that are located in the wrong section (if it means that after the thread is moved to the correct section the OP can no longer be anonymous)... TSR needs to stop allowing the anon feature to be used in so many sections. Also if the OP is not anonymous then they should have the power to decide whether people can be anonymous in their thread or not. Would also like people who misuse the Anon feature to be De-anonymised but that will never happen lol. They too busy focusing on this awful profile page update...
Original post by ANM775
on page one of relationships forum i count 50 anon topics and about 22 topics made by people not hiding.

i rest my case...

Seen like over 1000 anons in 1 thread before... :s-smilie:
Original post by mnot
I do once every couple of months,
normally on a topic where I feel I have something substantial to contribute but would make it easy for anyone on TSR to identify me in real life if you've seen other posts ive made.

True still don't understand why the average newbie "non-ranked" user needs to use it so often unless they are revealing personal details or want to say something sensitive...
Reply 14
I know it's sad. But I keep reporting threads that are located in the wrong section (if it means that after the thread is moved to the correct section the OP can no longer be anonymous)... TSR needs to stop allowing the anon feature to be used in so many sections. Also if the OP is not anonymous then they should have the power to decide whether people can be anonymous in their thread or not. Would also like people who misuse the Anon feature to be De-anonymised but that will never happen lol. They too busy focusing on this awful profile page update...

TSR is flawed. if someone makes an anon OP post and their topic gets moved to a part of the site which doesn't allow anon, i've heard that they can still use anon.

TSR only cares about monetization. They know that allowing people to hide behind anon produces more posts so are unlikely to change it as more posts = more views = more monies in their pockets

EVERYTHING they do on this, [changes etc] has the goal of making the site more money...
I tend to overthink a lot, so I might read back over a bit of a 'personal' post and cringe at what I've written. To make it less painful I try to go anonymous.
Reply 16
Seen like over 1000 anons in 1 thread before... :s-smilie:

discrepancies thread is on around 600 i think...
once (for now)
I haven't felt the need to. We're pretty anonymous on TSR as it is.
Original post by ANM775
TSR is flawed. if someone makes an anon OP post and their topic gets moved to a part of the site which doesn't allow anon, i've heard that they can still use anon.

Nope once the thread moved to a non-anon section they can no longer post anon comments in that thread but all the anonymous posts in the thread remain anonymised...

Quick Reply

Latest