The Student Room Group

dont like brother

Hi everyone i don't know who else to turn to but ill try and make it short. I graduated last year and have got a job about 10 months ago. this job is in a call center and very stressful I haven't always been the most confident guy due to being bullied at school and at home by my older brother. i suffer from depression nd anxiety i went to a doctor and tld him that this might be the root cause of why i feel anxious. My brother was a bully in our teens he has a temper and used to take things out on me such as hitting me, stealing my stuff and always insulting me calling me names, etc. This effects me so much that i put on weight in the gym just so i can be left alone. I have been in a depressed sell and told my mum about the situations in the past has affected he is okay now but still does dickish things sometimes. and what hes done over the years so she told me to confront him about it. so we sat down one night and i told him how it affected me before i even got to finish he was swearing at me trying to intimidate me etc such as clenching his fists and he was calling me pathetic that this has affected me he said i was pathetic that im on tablets and that I took time off work. we still live together and i don't know the best way to go around this any help would be appreciated thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone i don't know who else to turn to but ill try and make it short. I graduated last year and have got a job about 10 months ago. this job is in a call center and very stressful I haven't always been the most confident guy due to being bullied at school and at home by my older brother. i suffer from depression nd anxiety i went to a doctor and tld him that this might be the root cause of why i feel anxious. My brother was a bully in our teens he has a temper and used to take things out on me such as hitting me, stealing my stuff and always insulting me calling me names, etc. This effects me so much that i put on weight in the gym just so i can be left alone. I have been in a depressed sell and told my mum about the situations in the past has affected he is okay now but still does dickish things sometimes. and what hes done over the years so she told me to confront him about it. so we sat down one night and i told him how it affected me before i even got to finish he was swearing at me trying to intimidate me etc such as clenching his fists and he was calling me pathetic that this has affected me he said i was pathetic that im on tablets and that I took time off work. we still live together and i don't know the best way to go around this any help would be appreciated thanks.

It seems like the way your brother treats you is awful and for your mother to stand by and not doing anything doesn't make sense. Does your brother treat other people the same?

I think the best thing would be to move out. Get some space from your brother and focus on rebuilding your confidence. Is it feasible for you to rent a place near your job or stay with a friend? If you are also experience stress at your call centre job, I would recommend looking for a different type of role too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending