The Student Room Group

A-Levels

What sort of university degrees could I do if I took either A-level English language, Biology and Psychology or A-level English language, Psychology and Sociology?
Doing either of those you could definitely do some sort of English degree. With the first combination, you could most likely do a biology degree or a psychology degree. and with the second combination obviously some sort of social science or psychology degree. Plus a lot of degrees are quite open. They just require you to have a levels. I'm sure if you do some research into the degrees that might interest you, you'll find out. But as long as you take a levels that interest you, you'll get into a degree that interests you. And if you don't, it's not a problem. You'll find where you're supposed to be. My choice of degrees in sixth form went from primary education, to biological sciences, to maybe medicine. It's a whole process and most people don't know until it's time to apply.
Hope this helped
Original post by amalia.esme
What sort of university degrees could I do if I took either A-level English language, Biology and Psychology or A-level English language, Psychology and Sociology?

Hi there!

Every University will have different entry requirements for subjects so its important to have a look into the individual universities that you are interested in. For example if were looking at English Language as a degree, some universities may only accept certain A-Levels, while other unis may do their entry requirements on UCAS points - meaning they will take any level 3 qualifications as entry as long as the grades match up to the UCAS points they look for.
Some degrees (Psychology for example) may look for additional requirements, things like having your GSCE Math at a Grade C / Grade 4

So to round this up, it is important to look at individual unis for their entry requirements to open up the opportunity to do whatever course you want to do, no matter what A-level combination you choose

I hope this helps!

Ruth :macarena:

Quick Reply

Latest