gotdammit
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello, I'm in year 12 and am starting my EPQ soon. I want to pursue biology so the question I had in mind was something along the lines of "Are offensive or defensive evolutionary adaptations more effective for survival?" My questions are is this topic specific enough to be used, and it it too similar to a level biology to be considered a valid question? Any advice is appreciated for EPQ, not just for biology! Thanks
Last edited by gotdammit; 7 months ago
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
maribakebox
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi,
It all depends on your particular biology course. When I did A-Level biology, adapting through evolution was definitely a topic, but not including the specific key words 'offensive or defensive'. If this is something your spec covers, you may have an issue. Even if it doesn't cover those words you may struggle to veer your essay away from being too similar to the course, as evolution is a massive topic across all biology boards. You may benefit from thinking about other ways you can cover evolution, that is sort of outside the box.
NancarrowSunset
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I was told that anything covered in the biology course I was doing was not allowed to be used as a topic in my EPQ, so it really would depend on the course you were doing, or the exam board. You could cover evolution from a more psychological perspective, as long as you don't take psychology? There are some very interesting ideas that are easy to understand, and is sort of based around the fight/flight response, among other things.

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (589)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise