The Student Room Group

A Level English Language Help

Hiya,

As a yr13 A* English Language student that has had their exams cancelled I am happy to tutor anyone, or help with work that has been set. Just PM me and I'll be happy to help :smile:

Emma
Reply 1
Original post by xetx
Hiya,

As a yr13 A* English Language student that has had their exams cancelled I am happy to tutor anyone, or help with work that has been set. Just PM me and I'll be happy to help :smile:

Emma

hi!I really want to improve my english level, can you help me?
Reply 2
Original post by Ryan Su
hi!I really want to improve my english level, can you help me?

Yes of course, what in particular do you need help with?
Reply 3
Original post by xetx
Yes of course, what in particular do you need help with?

What I need most is to improve my listening and speaking. Improve communication skills.
Reply 4
Original post by xetx
Hiya,

Emma

hi emma,
I was wondering whether you could help me the structure and general stuff of paper 1 question three which is comparing Text A and Text B, I am really stuck and have to submit answer to that question today
thank youuuu
Reply 5
Original post by LQuackk
hi emma,
I was wondering whether you could help me the structure and general stuff of paper 1 question three which is comparing Text A and Text B, I am really stuck and have to submit answer to that question today
thank youuuu

Okay so generally how I would structure those questions would be to choose 4 "areas" that appear in the texts. So this can be gender, power (Wareing categories) or representations. Representations are basically a way of saying that the text talks about that thing. So for example if you had two articles on the coronavirus and how the UK government are handling it, you could talk about representations of coronavirus or representations of the UK government. eg Text A represents the coronavirus as a serious threat....

So I would start each comparison using one of those areas. Talking about Text A first then Text B making loose connections between the two. Also do not forget context at the end of each section!!! I hope this helped and wasn't too confusing. If you have any further questions please ask. If you would like PM me your email and I'll share with you some of my plans and previous essays if you think that would help - Emma
Reply 6
Original post by Ryan Su
What I need most is to improve my listening and speaking. Improve communication skills.

Okay I would recommend the app Lingbe for that as it lets you speak too people who are native speakers of the language you are trying to learn and if you wish you can Private Message me and I shall try and help you :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by xetx
Okay I would recommend the app Lingbe for that as it lets you speak too people who are native speakers of the language you are trying to learn and if you wish you can Private Message me and I shall try and help you :smile:

Of course, I appreciate you. I have downloaded the app.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending