The Student Room Group

Giving notes to teacher (sixth form)

Gutted that I wouldn't be able to sit alevels this year - although I know there are other exam arrangements, it's unlikely I'll sit them.

I've put so much bloody effort in my notes and it feels like it's going to waste. I'd really like to give my digital notes to a teacher I really like + I'm one of the top students in the cohort (not trying to brag, just thought it might be informative). If I email him the notes in the summer do you think he'll appreciate it? Or will he just think they're redundant
Reply 1
I think redundant because many other people probably have written the same notes as you, it’s just people apply it differently in exams which is why same text book but different grades
Original post by Yazomi
I think redundant because many other people probably have written the same notes as you, it’s just people apply it differently in exams which is why same text book but different grades

what if i’ve basically collated past paper stuff, and different resources all in one lot? just wanna help ppl in the year below but idk
Reply 3
Maybe not sending them to the teacher, but if you know any students in the year below ask them if they want the notes? I know personally that as a lower sixth I much preferred writing my own notes and then comparing them against other peoples notes or online notes etc. So to some of them it might be really helpful.
If you don't know the first years yourself, then perhaps talk to the teacher and discuss whether they'd be able to put the notes somewhere where they are available to the first years. A Google Classroom or something.
Original post by rhbb
Maybe not sending them to the teacher, but if you know any students in the year below ask them if they want the notes? I know personally that as a lower sixth I much preferred writing my own notes and then comparing them against other peoples notes or online notes etc. So to some of them it might be really helpful.
If you don't know the first years yourself, then perhaps talk to the teacher and discuss whether they'd be able to put the notes somewhere where they are available to the first years. A Google Classroom or something.

yes that’s what i was thinking - emailing it to him so he could put it on a drive for the U6 next year. just worried he might think it’s not useful and i’ve embarrassed myself by offering lolol
Reply 5
Original post by roadtollb
what if i’ve basically collated past paper stuff, and different resources all in one lot? just wanna help ppl in the year below but idk

Oh right mmmm it probably would be useful to some people, be brave and ask a teacher you’re comfortable talking with coz either ways I’m sure they would thinking you’re helping more than harming
alright i’ll go for it! gives me sth productive to do during this lockdown. :-)
Gutted that I wouldn't be able to sit alevels this year - although I know there are other exam arrangements, it's unlikely I'll sit them.

I've put so much bloody effort in my notes and it feels like it's going to waste. I'd really like to give my digital notes to a teacher I really like + I'm one of the top students in the cohort (not trying to brag, just thought it might be informative). If I email him the notes in the summer do you think he'll appreciate it? Or will he just think they're redundant

planning uni?
Original post by Roseyr1119-20
planning uni?

wdym?? haha sorry didn’t really catch that
wdym?? haha sorry didn’t really catch that

Are you planning 2 go 2 uni?
yea, and there’s a pretty low chance i’ll do alevels for 2020 sept entry or delay a year - that’s why my notes will be redundant :frown:
how would i phrase it though
don’t want to come off as arrogant
Can you share the notes with us? :smile:
To be honest, it would probably be better to apply those notes to i.e. writing timed essays - you could then send these to your teacher as evidence of your work when under exam(ish) conditions. You could always offer to send the notes to the year below, though this would probably not be worth doing as I expect they'll be making their notes and revision resources.
Original post by kazzykat95
To be honest, it would probably be better to apply those notes to i.e. writing timed essays - you could then send to these to your teacher as evidence of your work when under exam(ish) conditions. You could always offer to send the notes to the year below, though this would probably not be worth doing as I expect they'll be making their notes and revision resources.

oh, i meant giving notes to teachers in the beginning of the school year next academic year (although nobody knows when will that be)...so my resources don't get wasted, etc
will probably do so when the next academic year starts!

Quick Reply

Latest