The Student Room Group

drifting apart because someone is envious of our friendship

My boy best friend and I have been friends for ages, we've gone through hell and back but we do (platonically) love each other. A couple months back, he met this girl named Erika. my mate isn't looking to be in a relationship with her since he only sees her as a friend. but a night ago, this girl threw a fit at him because of some light hearted comments my mate and I made on his Instagram post. moreover, she hates the fact that I'm a female. she started throwing fits and emotionally manipulating him into feeling bad for her. her jealous and possessive nature lead my mate into a state of confusion. she's implicitly trying to end our friendship and have him to herself which I find rather toxic. i'm angry over the fact that this girl may lead us to drift apart. I don't know what to say or do. I just need some advice. thank you.
hi!! I honestly think you need to talk to your friend about this. let him know that she's acting *****y towards you. maybe you can subtly mention it in a conversation like "Erika's been acting really weird towards me lately" and then through that try and let him know of her behaviour. he can then make it clear that he is not looking for a relationship which will hopefully lead to her backing off since I don't see why she would want someone who isn't interested in her. if you do start to drift apart, don't let him go!! tell/text him that you haven't been hanging out much lately and when he realises that you guys can go back to normal. good luck with everything!!
The best thing is to go to your best friend directly and tell them about how Erika girl is making you feel and that you don't want there to be any issues. perhaps this may remove the wool from his eyes and he may agree with you. It may be awkward but he is your best friend and you should be able to speak to him about anything.

If he doesn't agree with you or sees it differently then try and make an effort with this Erika girl. Kill her with kindness and it will probably really annoy her that you are such a lovely person. But hopefully you realise you two have a lot in common and a new friendship could form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending