JessMason.1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
Last year after saving a lamb, my whole life plan changed drastically. For as long as I can remember, I wanted to be a teacher. And then after I saved the lamb on DofE I decided that I wanted to look into the veterinary profession. I have now decided that I want to apply to veterinary medicine. However, my chemistry and physics GCSE grades are not as high as I would need to apply to my preferred university at Surrey. I needed to retake my chemistry and physics GCSEs this June in order to apply in October.
Would I potentially be able to take the exams in November and on my application put them as predicted grades? Or will the university maybe give some leeway as I have been unable to take the GCSEs because of the coronavirus?
I am very set on needing to apply to Surrey due to circumstances at home.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you
Last edited by JessMason.1; 1 year ago
josie71202
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you could probably put down the November ones but if you explain your GCSEs were in the midst of the coronavirus and work hard at your A levels to show your hardworking you should be ok. I'm not an expert though
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JessMason.1)
Hi,
Last year after saving a lamb, my whole life plan changed drastically. For as long as I can remember, I wanted to be a teacher. And then after I saved the lamb on DofE I decided that I wanted to look into the veterinary profession. I have now decided that I want to apply to veterinary medicine. However, my chemistry and physics GCSE grades are not as high as I would need to apply to my preferred university at Surrey. I needed to retake my chemistry and physics GCSEs this June in order to apply in October.
Would I potentially be able to take the exams in November and on my application put them as predicted grades? Or will the university maybe give some leeway as I have been unable to take the GCSEs because of the coronavirus?
I am very set on needing to apply to Surrey due to circumstances at home.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you
Had you entered for the GCSE retakes this year? If so, you should still be given a grade with the option to retake in the autumn. The usual set of November retakes are only English and maths.

You could apply to uni with your grades as pending, and retake next summer as well.

Vet med is a fairly competitive course, so I do think regardless you need to consider a back up plan if you don't get into your preferred uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.47%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (32)
15.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (33)
16.42%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (30)
14.93%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (55)
27.36%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (38)
18.91%

Watched Threads