The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

accommodation

Hello, do you offer quiet flats within any of your collages? and how much of a drinking culture at your university?
Lacanster does not offer specifically branded quiet accmmodation (unless that is changing this year, hopefully someone official will chime in) but some colleges, particularly the smaller cones are known to be quieter. As an example Furness and Cartmel are known to be quieter colleges. Obviously this all depends on who your flatmates are.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by helena l-b
Hello, do you offer quiet flats within any of your collages? and how much of a drinking culture at your university?

Hi, are you going to Lancaster in September? I'm a non-drinker so was just wondering if there were any others?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, are you going to Lancaster in September? I'm a non-drinker so was just wondering if there were any others?

yes I am! as long as we are allowed with all that is going on. and I am also a non drinker

Hi @helena l-b,
There aren't specific quieter flats but I'd recommend Pendle ensuite or Cartmel ensuite (maybe Lonsdale) as traditionally these tend to be quieter. Of course this can change every year and can't guarantee anything, but I think they're probably your best bet! In the application process you may be able to specify being in a non-drinking flat (I remember you can specify if you want to be in a single gender flat) but because of the volume of accommodation applications, it's hard to guarantee. Either way, I was in a flat with a few non-drinkers by chance, and even if you're in a flat with lots of people who drink, you can easily meet likeminded people on your course and in societies. Non-drinking events are held alongside drinking ones all throughout welcome week so it should be easy to find similar people even in welcome week.
Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions or anything I can help you with.
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Hey! It sounds like I am in the same boat as you! I don't really drink and I want a quieter place too I think so I have been thinking about applying for Cartmel ensuite
Reply 6
Original post by Emily2001x
Hey! It sounds like I am in the same boat as you! I don't really drink and I want a quieter place too I think so I have been thinking about applying for Cartmel ensuite

Hello, I am thinking Cartmel is where I am going to apply to for there superior ensuite
Hello, I am thinking Cartmel is where I am going to apply to for there superior ensuite

Ahh yes I meant that! What course are you wanting to do?
Reply 8
Ahh yes I meant that! What course are you wanting to do?

I am going to do BA Geography, you?

BSc Psychology :smile:
Reply 10
BSc Psychology :smile:

Nice

I’m the same course! Thinking of either Furness or Cartmel en-suite for quieter

Quick Reply