atlantis792
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Any idea of actions that german citizens took in reaction to the treaty of versailles? I was thinking about writing about passive resistance in opposition to the occupation of the Ruhr but i'm not sure this is correct
Raptor Jesus
Badges: 20
Report 6 months ago
the germans thought the treaty was diktat and was forced upon them. many wanted to reject it but had to accept it otherwise they had to continue fighting. they also hated the politicians who signed the treaty, named them November Criminals. you can write about the resistance to the occupation but that is really about weimar republic and is after treaty, like 1923
atlantis792
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Jeff Curry)
the germans thought the treaty was diktat and was forced upon them. many wanted to reject it but had to accept it otherwise they had to continue fighting. they also hated the politicians who signed the treaty, named them November Criminals. you can write about the resistance to the occupation but that is really about weimar republic and is after treaty, like 1923
do you have any other examples of actions they took in response to the treaty other than the ruhr?
Raptor Jesus
Badges: 20
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by atlantis792)
do you have any other examples of actions they took in response to the treaty other than the ruhr?
well they got angry and protested a lot in the streets and they hated the government as they felt stabbed in the back
they believe that they were not responsible for the war. that's it really (at least from what i know)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.19%
I'm not sure (27)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (189)
31.55%
I have already dropped out (12)
2%
I'm not a current university student (286)
47.75%

Watched Threads